Today I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday Five 2.0 Linkup. They’ve taken over the weekly linkup from Courtney, Cynthia and Mar and I am so glad they did, because the Friday Five posts are so much fun – to read and to write – and I am finally jumping in.
Today, for a fresh start, we’re sharing five things about us that you might – or might not – know. Especially for my new(er) readers, here are 5 random things about me.
1. I have a twin sister. If you’ve been reading for a while, you already know this, but my newer readers might not. My sister and I were born two minutes apart and no, we’re not identical (I wish we were.) Some people say we look very much alike, some say we look like ‘regular’ siblings, some say we don’t even look related. Haha, I am always amused by the responses. But here, why don’t you be the judge (this is one of our most recent pictures).
2. I used to play softball for 6 years (in Germany). My two main positions were catcher and 3rd base. I came from years of playing tennis (in a team) and totally embraced the new sport. J was very surprised (and thrilled beyond belief, haha) when he heard that I played softball in Germany and even more when he found out that we have a shared love for the Boston Red Sox. The sport was (and still kinda is) very young over there, but I loved playing and I would love to play again.
3. I am an eternal optimist. I always see the glass half full. I know that this is either who you are or aren’t, but I am glad I naturally always look on the bright side of things. I think that people are good and always expect the best of everybody. I know life can really beat your down sometimes and it helps me to keep my head above water to focus on the good.
4. I’ve never touched a cigarette in my life. Yup, not even one puff. My Mom used to smoke a lot when my sister and I were little and I guess children of smokers either become smokers themselves or never touch a cigarette. Both my sister and I never wanted to have anything to do with cigarettes and I am so glad I never tried it.
5. I love hot drinks over cold drinks and I think I might be in the minority, but give me coffee and tea any time of the day. While I do make an effort to drink the recommended amount of water every day, I’d always gladly go for coffee or tea when available.
Tell me one thing I don’t know about you!