Wow, this month flew by, didn’t it? Here we are (almost) in February already, but I can’t let January slip away without sharing my favorites from this month.
1. This (very affordable, awesome) HSI flatiron. I don’t regularly use it, so it had been sitting in my bathroom cabinet for a while, but I recently ‘remembered’ that I had it and I found out that it really makes a difference when used on my 2nd (and 3rd) day hair!
I usually can only wear my hair down on the day that I wash it, because once I’ve slept on it, it’s all wavy and uncooperative. However, I noticed that if I use the flatiron on day 2, it makes my hair more manageable again. Win!
2. J and I have been a bit on a chips + salsa kick lately (well, who isn’t on a chips + salsa kick at any given time, right?) and we love the fresh Salsa Especial from Trader Joe’s. We buy both the mild and medium version and they’re both amazing. I am planning to make an awesome hot cheese + salsa dip for Superbowl weekend. (We don’t usually watch football, but we make an exception to justify more chips + salsa eating!)
3. My microwavable heating pad. ‘Nuff said. (I didn’t make mine myself, but it’s a grain-filled small pillow that you can put in the microwave). It helps tremendously with back pain or any other kind of pain and I love to take it to bed when it’s a little chilly in the house. So cozy.
4. I am generally not a big fan of protein bars, because they’re always so dense and chewy and sticky. They can also be quite expensive, so I usually stick with more ‘regular’ foods for my pre- or post-run fuel. However, last week, I picked up a Perfect Bar for free at Safeway (they offer “free” items to try every once in a while, and I almost always take advantage) and thought I’d give it a try. And surprise, this is the first protein bar I actually liked. It’s not chewy/sticky at all, but has the consistency of a dry cookie (think ‘Vanilla crescent cookies’) and I really liked it. I might buy this one again (when it’s on sale, ha!).
5. I bought this stamp (GAH!) to use in my #bulletjournal because it’s so cute. I couldn’t resist.
6. This long sleeve running shirt. It got mixed reviews on Amazon because the sizing seems way off, but I really liked the look of it and so I ordered it two sizes up and it actually fits me well. I am wearing it here. I LOVE the thumb holes and the moisture-wicking material and I don’t care if it has a wrong-sized label on the inside. It works for me!
What was one of your favorite things this month?