1. WrightSock Double Layer Running Socks Cool Mesh II – I used a $15 store credit at my local running store to buy (and try) these socks and I love them. They’re super-soft and comfortable. And so far: no more blisters.
2. I just recently tried Kevita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks for the first time and they’re so delicious (well, the flavors that I had so far – lemon ginger and Tangerine ← tastes like Fanta ). I like sparkling drinks to begin with (they’re so refreshing) and I like the extra health benefit for digestive health and immune function that I get with this drink. Unlike kombucha which is fermented with black or green tea, KeVita is fermented with coconut water or filtered water. You should give it a try!
3. Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner (made in Germany – ha!) I think I received this in one of my Birchboxes (when I was still subscribed). I just recently found it in my bathroom cabinet and decided to use it. Let’s just say: I am so glad I found it because this eyeliner is awesome (and since it’s not exactly cheap at $16, I’m extra-happy that I am using and liking it.)
4. Pixlr is a free alternative to Photoshop and they offer an online version and app. I only have an (older) version of Photoshop on my (even older) DELL laptop at home and this is a GREAT alternative. Check it out!
5. If you don’t own a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet yet, you need to remedy this immediately. Trust me, you will not want to cook with anything else again. J was hesitant to use the cast iron skillet for the longest freaking time, because – I know – it looks like stuff will stick to it. But if it is seasoned correctly, this is where the magic happens: NOTHING will stick to it. Even better, you can use the skillet on the stove and in the oven.
6. Asics Gel-Cumulus 18 – I bought some new running shoes a couple of months ago and I am really happy with them. I used to run in Brooks Ghost 7’s (which I loved), but wanted to try a new shoe/brand. The Asics have a great fit, are also a neutral shoe, but have a little bit more cushion than the Brooks (I think), and are really comfortable. I just wish they had had them in this color at the store.