This month’s favorites are heavily influenced by my birthday, as they should be, right?
1. The Yellowstone NP virtual race medal for the virtual 10k I ran this month came in the mail and it’s BEAUTIFUL, isn’t it? It represents one of the big attractions of the park, the Grand Prismatic Spring which I really hope to visit one day.
2. I picked up one of these Noosa yogurts when there was “free offer” on my Safeway app and it’s really, really creamy and delicious.
3. I received this Mixpresso Milk frother for my birthday earlier this month and it’s so awesome. It heats + froths milk in 90 seconds and it’s super-quiet. I love it. Fancy drinks, here I come.
4. I got these running pants for my birthday as well and I love them. They’re very soft and comfortable and I love the color-gradient in the leg.
5. My MIL got me this beautiful amethyst quadrille silver pendant necklace for my birthday and I totally adore it. I love it because it’s delicate (I don’t really wear big statement pieces) and I love delicate jewelry, and because it’s purple! It’s one of my favorite colors!
6. I don’t bake cakes very often, but I really love a freshly baked marble cake every once in a while. The trick for a great texture in pound cakes is to substitute ⅓ of flour with cornstarch. You should give that a try!