Star // Christmas tree // Greta and Tom //
Christmas // Mongo’s // Grevenbroich //
Greta // “Schnittchen” // sundown //
Archives for December 2012
When you guys are reading this, J and I will be somewhere over the clouds on our way to – or maybe already in – Germany (obviously not with Southwest, ha!, but we’re taking a connecting flight down to LAX first and are then hopping on a straight flight from LAX to DUS).
I can’t tell you how excited I am (well, maybe you have already picked up on it because I can’t shut up about it! ;)) that we’ll be spending the holidays with my family and friends. It’s tough to be away for a whole year and than try to make up for it in 2 or three weeks over Christmas, but it’s definitely a very intense, wonderful time every time.
As always, I’ll be trying to update a few times “from the road”, but don’t be too surprised if it might be a little quieter around here the next few weeks. Regular posting will resume after January, 6 at the latest!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of the holiday season! It’s such a special time of the year!
This is a regular feature post on my blog. See the archives here.
- Being told that I don’t need to buy a gift for X, but then receiving a gift from X in the mail. AWKWARD. Good thing that I had planned to buy a gift anyway.
- How Christmas, in a way, always sneaks up on us, right?
- 4 days until we leave for Germany. I am so ready for some time off and quality time with family and friends.
- Our teeny, tiny Christmas tree. It’s not even really a tree, but it makes my heart so happy.
- A meetup with my dear blog friend Lisa two weeks ago (see photo above). I know I am a little late in mentioning it, but it’s still worth sharing: we had a great time catching up over dinner and I am so happy she was able to squeeze me into her busy schedule while she was in town!
- I’ve been knitting up a storm these last few weeks and I’ll have a few handmade gifts to give out this Christmas. I hope they’ll be as well received as I had fun making them.
- Christmas cards! The first Christmas cards have arrived in the mail and I love to get mail from dear friends so much! I will take a picture of my display before I leave (hopefully!).
- Early Christmas gifts! Since I won’t really be lugging all the gifts to Germany and back, J and I will already exchange small gifts before we leave and I’ve gotten a few gifts from friends already! So much fun!
Happy Thursday, peeps!