Yes, it’s time again for a little round-up of things I’ve been loving this month. Here we go:
1. I had been using a Shea Moisture products for a while that I liked a lot, but I think it was a little heavy for my fine hair, so it was time to switch up the shampoo + conditioner again. I came across this double-pack Garnier Fructis Grow Strong Shampoo and Conditioner deal at Target and thought I would give it a try and so far, I am very pleasantly surprised! This leaves my hair soft and straight and very manageable.
2. I did a little bit of beauty shopping for my birthday, if you recall, and among other things, I picked up this (travel size) Ole Henriksen Truth Serum (formulated with vitamin C and collagen) at Sephora. I love (!) the smell of this and use it under my moisturizer. It gets rave reviews and I must say, I am also a fan already.
Now on a side note, if someone can explain to me why the 0.5 oz travel-size bottle costs $15 and the 1 oz full-size bottle is $48 and why in the world anyone would buy the full-size bottle then, I’d very much appreciate it. (scratching my head about this one)
3. I mean, this Be a nice human UNLOCK Hope t-shirt by itself is pretty awesome, right? But, more importantly, Unlock Hope donates 100% of their after-tax profits to fully fund the Think Humanity girl’s hostel in Hoima, Uganda. Through the donation of their profits the girls receive health care, three quality meals a day, utilities, transportation, support staff, tuition, school fees, clothing, uniforms, toiletries, school supplies, books and more. I love to support that.
4. You might have seen this MudLove inspirational bracelet on my wrist a couple of times on Instagram. Like UNLOCK Hope, MudLove also supports a good cause, the “clean water project” in Africa. It seems like I like to wear pretty pieces AND support good causes at the same time, why don’t you?
5. If you haven’t tried Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute yet, what are you waiting for? It’s a blend of 21 spices, but has NO SALT and it’s a great addition to pretty much everything: meat, salad dressings, soups, and sauces. (Goes well with green beans, too.)
6. We’re a little bit obsessed with green beans lately. They’re just so delicious and quick to make, especially if you bake them in the oven. Spread out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15-20 min at 375°F. Done. Go try it.
7. I’ve been taking Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for a while now. I first heard about collagen a little over a year ago and I thought I’d try it out. Collagen is said to improve hair, skin, and nails (definitely a plus!), but most importantly joints, ligaments, and tendons. So it makes a great supplement for athletes and I think I’ve noticed some of the benefits (you can never be 100% sure, I guess). The powder is flavorless and odorless so it’s easy to mix with liquids (I put it in my morning coffee or smoothie). I noticed that they also sell the collagen peptides in capsule form now, if that’s something you’re more comfortable with. I can also see how these may come in handy for travel.
What was one of your favorite things this month?