This is a regular feature post on my blog. See the archives here.
- Thunderstorms in June. Maybe it’s normal in the part of the country where you live, but it’s definitely unusual for California. However, I appreciated the cool air that the thunderstorm brought on Tuesday. One extra night without having to use the fan/AC.
- So, when I am not donating clothes to Goodwill, I usually bring some of the nicer stuff to Crossroads Trading & Co. to get a little cash (or store credit). What pisses me off though is that they usually only accept very little out of a full bag of clothes, telling me that some of the clothes aren’t quite in style anymore (stuff that is maybe a year old and in case you didn’t know, I have a lot of “timeless” clothes and I am by no means a fashionista). What pisses me off even more is the fact that when I browse their isles, I always find clothes that are exactly like the stuff that they just rejected 5 minutes ago. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Wrong shop assistant? Wrong day? Wrong time?
- Buying groceries at two different stores and paying almost the exact same amount for each purchase ($18.67 and $18.76). I actually had to take a second look.
- Scored $200 Michael Kors heels for $22 at the thrift store the other day. Very awesome!
- My parents will be here in 23 days. I can’t wait. I am so overdue for some family time and time off from work!
- My boss noticed that I’ve been wearing more skirts to the office lately. I find that particularly awesome, because he’s the only one at my office who always notices stuff like that…. like, when I get a new haircut and/or color or when I wear a new piece of clothing.
- Inspiring quotes. I came across quite a few beautiful quotes this week on Pinterest and felt inspired.
- Homemade pizza! I made some pizza earlier this week and it was easy to make and absolutely delicious! (Recipe to follow.)
- Buying yourself some flowers. Who says you can’t? It’s total girl power! (And who knew that tulips are still in season around this time of year? Obviously they are here, but not in Germany they aren’t.)
- The weekend is almost here!