1. I usually don’t drink Baileys Irish Cream* (or much of any alcohol for that matter) throughout the year, but it’s a special treat I’ve come to enjoy for New Year’s Eve.
2. I made homemade Semmelknödel* (bread dumplings) for the first time (stale bread rolls are somehow hard to come by in the US, but I figured that stuffing would be a good alternative) and they turned out great. Can’t wait to make them again!
3. It’s that time of the year when J’s always hot and I’m always cold and so this fuzzy blanket* is currently my best friend and it goes where I go.
4. In an effort to use up all the makeup I have lying around (which really isn’t that much at all), I rekindled my love for the Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation*. Applied with a brush, it’s actually quite good and long-lasting.
5. I got lucky during my Christmas shopping with J and scored these new boots*! They’re actually comfortable and came at a great sales’ price.
6. I’ve tried to transition from regular (2%) milk to a milk alternative for my morning coffee, but I had a really hard time finding something that could match the creaminess of regular milk. Almond milk and coconut milk are not creamy enough and have too much of a distinct taste, but I think Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Soy milk* is the winner. I can hardly feel a difference in texture and it’s only a minor taste adjustment. Win-win.
7. Christmas cards. Do I sound like a broken record? So be it, but it’s no secret that Christmas cards make me the happiest in December.
What was one of your favorite things this month?
* #notanad, This is not a sponsored post. I have not been compensated by the brand or anyone else for linking the websites.