1. It’s that time of the year again. Bring out the candles, my Grove Collaborative 70+ hour All Natural Soy Candle to be exact. I got that as freebie last year when I signed up for Grove.Co and I love it, especially the vanilla + sandalwood scent.
2. My Dad brought me back this oh-so-pretty Garmin Forerunner 235 from Germany (we scored a really good deal on it this summer and I had to wait for it for three months – gah!!) and then instead of letting me reimburse him, he decided to give it to me as a very early Christmas present. AH!! He knows and understands that I’ve wanted a running watch for a long time and I am just so in love with this watch. It’s so functional and did I mention pretty?
3. My Mom had a bag of Rheila Salmiak Pastilles in here purse (as she often had in the past) and I totally forgot how much I like them. I might or might not have eaten them all up when she was here! I am a big fan of any kind of licorice, especially the hard kind and I should have asked her to bring a few extra bags.
4. I’ve bought this Omega Trek Mix from Trader Joe’s a few weeks ago, because I was getting tired of just plain-old almonds as snacks and it’s my new favorite. I like the combination of cranberries and different kinds of nuts and seeds. You should give it a try!
5. Xfinity wifi app. When I was traveling with my parents, they were often checking for available free wifi (which is not a thing you can take for granted in Germany) and at one point, my Mom said that an Xfinity wifi network was within range. Although it was apparently an open network, she was asked for a login (for a more secure connection) and since I am an Xfinity customer, I gave her my login information. Sure enough, that worked. Later that day, she would tell me – surprised – that she had internet connection (even though she was relying solely on wifi) and when we checked, it was Xfinity wifi again and again. A thing I didn’t know: apparently, Xfinity has a range of hotspots everywhere now and if you’re an Xfinity customer and log in with your account information, it will automatically and securely connect you to Xfinity wifi networks within range and thus, not use your phone carrier’s data. Sweet!
6. Every once in while, we all have to switch out deodorants and try something new, am I right? I was getting kinda bored by the (unscented) Primal Pit Paste which I’ve been (loving and) using for the last year or two, and when I found this Herbal Magic deodorant at the local Co-op, I had to give it a try. It’s a roll-on, not a paste and I am pretty happy with it so far.
The post does contains affiliate links. If you decide to join and try out Grove Collaborative via this post, you will receive $10 towards your first order and I will receive a $10 credit on my account.