I am linking up again for the Weekly Run Down with Kim and Deborah.
I apologize in advance for the long post. This week, you’re getting a TWO-FOR-ONE deal, as I am recapping the last two weeks of workouts. I was gone last weekend for the Rock’n’Roll Running Series Half Marathon in Las Vegas and didn’t get a chance to post. I am probably going to share a full recap in a separate post but wanted to make sure I record my workout weeks properly (mostly for me, feel free to skim).
Last week was taper week! And then race weekend! I hadn’t run a race in 3 years and I was so excited to race again, especially with a bunch of my fellow Streakers365 friends. A bunch of us met up in Las Vegas for the Rock’n’Roll Running Series Half Marathon event.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm up – Becs (8/9/19)
- 10 Min AFO Warm up Ride: Maroon 5 – Bradley (8/19/22)
- 45 Min Tempo Run – Becs (1/27/22) — PZ W6C4
- 45 Min Country Run – Matt (1/22/23)
- 20 Min 70’s Run – Susie (1/31/23)
- 10 Min Post-Run Stretch – Matt (5/19/19)
- 30 Min Full Body Strength – JJ (9/29/22) — GZ Strength W5C3
- 10 Min Core Strength – Adrian (4/14/22) — GZ Strength W5AR2
- 10 Min Calming Meditation – Kristin (2/20/23) — Self Love & Care
I am lucky that I get President’s Day off, because I had to fit in my last long training run before the race. 12 miles – and a couple of strength workouts for the GZ Strength Challenge.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm up – Susie (12/20/21)
- 20 Min 80’s Run – Susie (5/6/22)
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Denis (2/1/22) — PZ W6C1
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Leanne (11/16/22) — Self Love & Care
- 10 Min Core Strength – Olivia (2/10/21) — GZ Strength W6AR2
- 20 Min Shoulders & Back Strength – Logan (8/13/22) — GZ Strength W6C1
- 30 Min Full Body Strength – Selena (11/5/21) — GZ Strength W6C3
- 10 Min Restorative Yoga – Mariana (7/7/22) — Self Love & Care
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm up – Jess S (5/6/21)
- 10 Min Warm Up Run – Becs (8/18/22)
- 30 Min HIIT Run – Robin (5/22/19) — PZ W6C4
- 10 Min Post-Run Stretch – Jess S (5/22/19) — Self Love & Care
- 10 Min Core Strength – Andy (5/31/22) — GZ Strength W6AR1
- 5 Min Morning Meditation – Ross (12/19/22)
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Bradley (2/14/23)
- 30 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (9/6/19)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Bradley (2/14/23)
- 20 Min Chest & Back Strength – Jess S (7/4/19)
- 10 Min Core Strength – Jess S (12/8/22)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Bradley (2/14/23)
Those 9 min intervals in zone 3 were no joke, but also not as bad as I expected. Once you find your stride, you can hang out in zone 3 relatively comfortably.
- 110 min Walk Outdoor
- 83 Min Walk Outdoor
I traveled to Las Vegas early in the morning and the only exercise I did was walking to (and from) the race expo (which was about 3 miles each way).
- 13.1 mi R’n’R Halfmarathon Las Vegas
Sunday was RACE DAY. I was so excited to finally run a race again and running the Las Vegas Strip at night (well, late afternoon) was an amazing experience. I ran a really comfortable race and while I didn’t hit a PR (which for the record wasn’t my first priority anyway), I felt really good about my performance.
Self Love & Care 2/1-2/28
Personal Streak February
I finished up the Self Love & Care Challenge, but I’ve been slacking a bit on my personal meditation streak for February. I mean, it wasn’t bad, but there were a few days toward the end when I just didn’t “remember” to do a meditation. Oh well. New month (soon), new streak goals.
This week’s stats:
Running: 31.2 mi
Walking 193 min
Cycling: 29.6 mi
Strength: 110 min
Yoga: 10 min
Warm up + Stretching: 80 min
Meditation: 15 min
- 45 min Outdoor Walk
- 57 Min Outdoor Walk
All we did on Monday was a leisure walk to the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign. It was good to move the legs, but also take an active rest day.
- 10 Min Sleep Meditation – Anna (2/9/23)
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Ben (2/21/23)
- 30 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (5/9/19) – PZ W7C1
- 5 Min Cool Down – Ben (2/21/23)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Matt (12/20/22)
- 5 Warm Up Ride – Hannah C (1/24/23)
- 30 Min Pop Two for One Ride – Cody & Leanne (2/23/23) — PZ W7AR
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Ben (2/21/23)
- 48 min Outdoor Walk
I spent a few more days with Tanja in Orange County (where she used to live) and we stayed at a hotel that had TWO Peloton bikes. You can bet your bottom dollar that we took advantage and worked out together – side by side – not once, but twice!
- 10 Min Breathe In, Speak Up Meditation – Chelsea (6/17/22) — Clover Hunt
- 10 Min Standing Yoga – Ross (5/23/22)
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Ben (1/2/23)
- 45 min 80’s Power Zone Endurance Ride – Ben (10/31/22) — PZ W7C3
- 10 Min Cool Down Aussie Vibes Ride – Ben (7/14/22) — Clover Hunt
- 20 Arms & Shoulder Strength – Tunde (11/27/22) — GZ W7C1
- 10 Min Core Strength – Matty (7/7/22) — GZ W7AR1
- 10 Min Core Strength – Ben (11/21/22) — GZ W7AR2
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (3/4/23)
Saturday (and Sunday) was catch-up day again to complete all leftover workouts for the Groovy Zones Power Zone + Strength Challenges. It felt good to get back into my regular routine.
- 10 Min Pre-Run Warm up – Andy (5/6/22)
- 60 Min Endurance Run – Matt (11/10/20) — PZ W7C4 & Clover Hunt
- 20 Min Chest & Back Strength – Adrian (9/30/21) — GZ W7C2
- 10 Min Core Strength – Olivia (4/28/21) — GZ W7AR3
- 10 Min Post-Run Stretch – Andy (10/8/21)
I joined the Around the World Clover Hunt Challenge for March. I didn’t sign up for any other challenges as March will be a busy month for me again, but this one should be doable and fun.
This week’s stats:
Running: 6 mi
Walking: 5.7 mi
Cycling: 40.6 mi
Strength: 70 min
Yoga: 10 min
Warm up + Stretching: 70 min
Meditation: 20 min
How’s your training been going? Did you run any races in the last two weeks?
*GZ Strength = Groovy Zones Strength Challenge
PZ = Groovy Zones Power Zone Challenge
W3C1 = Week 3, Class 1
W3AR1 = Week 3 Accelerator Class 1
9 thoughts on “2023 Weekly Run Down 8/52 – Rock’n’Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon – and 9/52”
Huge congrats on your half! I ran that race about 10 years ago and thought it was so much fun to run down the strip. Hope you had a great time!
Yes yes yes!!! Congrats on your half!!!!
I love that Power Zone shirt! I really love Sam and Denis’s classes. Congrats on a race well-run (and on being back in your routine) – that picture of you with your medal is so epic!
Yay! Nicely done on your race!
Also, you’ve got a lot on your plate, so I’m impressed you got as far as you did with your personal meditation streak! Nicely done.
Congratulations on the HM! I am excited to hear more! I wonder if this is the same race that used to be in November! I am so out of touch with running I did not realize they moved it!
That is so cool the gym had two Pelotons and you could work out together!!!
Congrats on your 1/2! That race came so quickly – I feel like you were just telling us you were racing a 1/2 and BAM – it’s already come and gone! That is very cool that the hotel had peloton bikes; I have never seen that. My company has really nice gyms at their big HQ-like locations and they have peloton bikes but I’ve never used a work gym since it seems like a hassle to leave the hotel, workout at work, and then get ready there! It sounds like local employees use the gyms, though.
The last couple of weeks have been pretty light on workouts since I was recovering from a nagging cold. I finally got back to running this past weekend, though. Today my workout was shoveling 4″ of wet, heavy snow!
Congrats. This is amazing! What a great way to fit in a cool trip AND run a fun race.
You look so genuinely happy in your pictures – LOVE IT!
Congrats on your race! I actually had no idea that the RnR Las Vegas Half was no longer in the Fall! I did this race a few years ago and it was fun – definitely a different way to see some of the Las Vegas strip.