I love a good gift guide as much as the next person, and there are always “running items” on my own wishlist. Without further ado, some gift ideas for your running friends.
1. I’ve recently gotten back into a more regular habit of foam rolling and I can’t say enough good things about it, so if you’re for some odd reason someone who doesn’t own a foam roller*, put it on your wish list.
2. A good sports bra is essential.
3. I might have mentioned before that I love Balega* socks.
4. Unfortunately, I think every (female) runner should carry pepper spray. I don’t always take it along, especially during the day when I am just out in the neighborhood, but for early morning or evening runs, it’s good to have it.
6. I recently learned about these Hydrosleeve Hydration Packs that you carry on your arm, instead of your hand. I am highly intrigued (as I hate running while holding something).
7. Nuun Hydration is my favorite brand for electrolytes.
8. I’ve had my Road ID* bracelet for a few years and won’t leave the house for a run without it.
9. These wrist & ankle weights* look so fun (although I have to admit that I’ve never worked out with wrist or ankle weights, you).
10. You can never have enough water bottles*.
11. A cute hand-stamped necklace. Can’t go wrong with some pretty running jewelry*.
12. I will admit that I am not someone who gets regular massages, but I wouldn’t say no to a gift card for a massage.
13. Every runner needs new kicks*, and frequently.
14. I know a lot of runners who log their miles/workouts, so a running journal* seems pretty useful.
15. These long-sleeve tops are my go-to winter running tops. They have nice, long sleeves with thumbholes. What more do you want from a running tee?
If you’re a runner, what would you like to find under the Christmas tree?