1. I LOVE my new running tights* that I picked up (on sale!) at Old Navy. A lot of my workout clothes come from places like Old Navy, because they’re affordable and hold up pretty well (in my experience so far). And IMHO, pretty workout clothes are huge motivation boosters. Am I right?
2. Someone on Twitter recently asked about affordable, all-rounder make-up options and I have been pretty happy with the Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless Foundation with SPF 28*. I originally bought it for travel (because it’s a compact foundation and not liquid – although they do have a liquid make-up option for this!) and I loved it. I’d say it’s medium coverage, but holds up well throughout the day.
3. If you’re looking for an app where you can search exercises by muscle group (with a short instructional video), the JeFit App* is a great resource. It’s been super-easy to use if you want to switch up your strength training routine with new exercises.
4. I don’t eat them very often, but we picked up some fresh (Poppyseed for me, cheese-jalapeño for Jon) bagels at the store twice this month (for lunch) and they were delicious.
5. Are you picky about your pens? Do you have a favorite? I keep coming back to Pentel R.S.V.P. Fine* ball point pens.
6. I’ve been on the hunt for a protein shake or powder that I can use as a quick refuel option after harder workouts. It’s been surprisingly hard to find something that tastes good AND has low sugar content AND has a pronounceable ingredient list without artificial ingredients. I’ve landed on Vega Protein Made Simple Powder* (Vega sells different kinds of protein powders, so you have to pay attention!) because this one has only 5 ingredients and no artificial sweeteners. Plus, it actually tastes like chocolate milk.
7. I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am warming up to Trader Joe’s (Crunchy No-Salt) Peanut Butter* (I like creamy, too). I didn’t grow up with Peanut Butter and for the longest time, didn’t really care for it (especially not as a spread on bread), but I think almond butter has helped me transition to liking peanut butter as well. Do you like peanut butter? Crunchy or creamy?
What was one of your favorite things this month?
* #notanad, This is not a sponsored post. I have not been compensated by the brand or anyone else for linking the websites.