This week was taper week that ended with a half marathon today (separate recap to come).
I focused on Week 3 of the Power Zone Pack “Power Zone University: Class of 2023” Challenge, but also “adapted” the classes a bit to conform with my taper. I took the two runs as “easy runs” and I rode the power zone ride as an endurance ride. As always, I kept some strength training and yoga in the mix.
- 10 Min HIIT Cardio – Ben (8/2/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Full Body Strength – Jess S (9/20/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min HIIT Run – Susie (8/25/23) — PZU-W3R2/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Core Strength – Jess S (4/5/22) – Core Bingo
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Kristin (3/7/23) — Personal Streak/Self Care/Instructor Bingo
I joined Sherry (Streakers365) for some cardio, strength and core this morning while the rest of our crew is away this week. I also squeezed in a 30-minute taper run (it was supposed to be an easy pace, but I pushed a little bit to see what race pace felt like this morning. So far, so good.)
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Denis (9/5/23)
- 30 Min 80’s Ride – Denis (7/29/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Denis (7/7/23)
- 5 Min Core Strength – Emma (6/30/23) – Core Bingo
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Rock Ride – Ben (6/5/23) — PZU-W3R1
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Riders – Kristin (9/14/23) — Personal Streak
Tanja and I joined Sherry for her 650th ride with Denis, which was a great warm up for the 45-minute Power Zone Endurance Class (for the PZ Challenge) that we tackled afterward.
- 15 Min Tropical House Core Strength – Matty (8/29/23) — Core Bingo
- 30 Min Bootcamp: Upper Body – Tunde (1/15/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Eminem Run – JJ (6/29/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Yoga Flow: Floor Poses – Ross (11/11/20)
Today was my Streak Day 1000 (I earned a blue dot on the Peloton platform every day since 1/1/2021, when I began my streak). I didn’t realize it until my workouts were over, but I was happy I had scheduled some workouts with Sherry and unbeknownst to her (until I told her later) she celebrated with me. Haha.
- 5 Min Core Strength – Erik (8/25/23) — Core Bingo/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Jess S (9/8/21)
- 45 Min Endurance Run – Marcel D (7/9/23) — PZU W3R4/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Yoga Basics: Bound Angle – Aditi (2/2/22) — Personal Streak
My last taper run for this week. I enjoyed the shorter runs, but although I know better, I am always nervous about race day during pullback week. So silly!
- 20 Min Pilates – Kristin (9/29/23) — LIVE
- 10 Min Core Strength – Adrian (8/28/23) — Core Bingo/Instructor Bingo
- Flash 15 – Jess S (9/27/22)
- 30 Min PZ Ride – Denis ( 4/13/22) — PZU-W3R3
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Camila (3/17/23) – Self-Care
- 5 Min Body Appreciation Stretch – CDE (9/27/23)
- 10 Min Yoga Savasana – Kirra (9/23/21) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
Sherry tackled my last PZ ride for this week with me. I opted to ride it at zones 2-3 threshold because I didn’t want to tire out my legs before my race on Sunday. It was hard to hold back and not do more, but I knew that this was the right thing to do.
- 45 Min Pop Walk – Rebecca (8/5/22) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Denis (4/10/23) — Personal Streak
- 5 Min Core Strength – Olivia (8/16/22) — Core Bingo/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Happiness Meditation – Ross (4/4/22) — Self Care
ACTIVE REST DAY. I went for a walk in the afternoon with Jon and did a little bit of yoga and core strength (to finish my trackers for September).
- URBAN COW HALF MARATHON – PR!!!
- 90 min Rock Run – Susie (9/21/23)
- 30 Min 90s Run – Susie (9/21/23)
- 20 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Mariana (7/19/23) — Personal Streak/PYP
Today was race day. I ran the Urban Cow Halfmarathon. As you might know, most runners set some A, B, and C goals for their races (The A goal is the “shoot-for-the-moon” goal that is possible on a perfect day, the B goal is the realistic accomplishment based on your relevant fitness and what you believe you should be able to accomplish, and the C goal would leave you satisfied, knowing you gave your best effort.)
Well, I double-crushed my A goal (and finally got my OFFICIAL sub-2 hour half in the process)! I’ll share more about the race in a separate recap, but needless to say, I was thrilled with my performance today!
Current Challenges + Trackers:
September has ended and I finished my daily streak tracker, my core bingo card, and the self-care tracker, and I got three instructor bingos (didn’t plan that one too well this week).
Today I also started new trackers for October. I am going to continue with daily yoga as my personal streak goal, and I love the “Pick your poison” tracker. That’s a cool idea. I’ll also be tracking my steps until the end of the year with this fun step tracker.
This week’s stats:
Running: 23.7 mi
Walking: 2 mi
Cycling: 33.6 mi
HIIT/Cardio: 25 min
Bootcamp: 30 min
Strength: 80 min
Yoga/Pilates/Barre: 95 min
Warm up + Stretching: 35 min
Meditation: 5 min
How was your week? Did you run a race? Do you have one coming up?
PZU – Power Zone University Challenge
Self Care September = Streakers365 Recovery Tracker
Core Bingo = Back to School Core Bingo Blackout Edition
PYP = Pick Your Poision Challenge
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo