I am linking up again for the Weekly Run Down with Kim and Deborah.
My week started out pretty good. I was ready to jump back into my regular routine, but then I randomly tested positive for Covid on Wednesday morning. I say randomly because I was feeling fine, but I had some very mild cold symptoms. I don’t have any allergies, so that was a bit suspicious, and since I was supposed to go into the office, I took a test. I did not expect two lines.
I ended up cutting my cardio exercise down for the rest of the week – just out of precaution – and focused on yoga, a little bit of strength conditioning and stretching. Oh, and I went for a few walks to our local park.
- 5 Min Warm up Ride – Ben (4/17/23)
- 45 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (4/23/22)
- 10 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (8/7/19)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Riders – Kristin (4/10/23)
- 10 Min Standing Core Strength – Rebecca (3/2/23) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (11/2/22) — Mindfulness & Movement
I joined Tanja for W4R1 of the current Power Zone Challenge. Turns out, jumping into an on-going PZ Challenge mid-way after three weeks off the bike is not as seamless as I had hoped. I was on the struggle bus for the second half of the 45 min Power Zone Ride. But hey, you gotta try. I’ll be working myself back into the game.
- 20 Min Yoga Flow – Denis (3/25/23) — Reset & Restore
- 15 Min Upper Body Strength – Erik (2/23/23) — Strength
- 20 Min Country Ride – Bradley (4/13/23)
- 10 Min Low Impact Ride – Bradley (9/9/21)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Bradley (9/25/22)
I opted for a slightly less intense start to my day with a yoga flow, some strength training, and a fun Country Ride with my current fave, Bradley Rose. He cracks me up every single time.
- 30 Min Yoga Conditioning: Full Body – Kristin (4/27/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 10 Min Lower Body Strength – Erik (4/27/23) — Strength
- 15 Min Full Body Stretch
- 10 Min APIHM Icons Meditation – Aditi (5/13/21) — Rest & Restore
Because of my positive Covid test in the morning, I modified my workout stack a little bit and cut out any planned cardio-heavy classes.
- 20 Min World Mental Health Day Yoga Flow – Anna (10/9/21) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Hamstrings – Anna (4/25/23)
- 20 Min Strength Roll Call: Full Body – Ben (1/9/23) — Strength
- 10 Min Chest & Back Stretch – Selena (1/22/20) — Reset & Restore
- 10 Min Restorative Yoga – Ross (3/15/23)
I kept it easy and low-impact for the remainder of the week and focused on more yoga and stretching.
- 45 Min Classical Walk – Becs (1/13/23)
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Kristin (4/4/23)
- 10 Min Full Body Strength – Adrian (12/7/22) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (2/27/23)
I went for a nice walk with Jon in the afternoon. The rosegarden at our park is in beautiful bloom right now. When we got home, I followed up with a bit of yoga and strength training.
- 10 Min Morning Meditation – Mariana (2/27/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 30 Min Bootcamp: Bodyweight – Callie (10/26/21) — Strength
- 15 Min Focus Flow: Malasana – Kirra (3/23/23)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Callie (11/9/22)
- 45 Min Power Walk – Matty (7/18/19)
I physically felt (almost) back to normal and decided to do a 30 min bodyweight bootcamp. I took the cycling parts in Zone 1 and felt pretty good. Kirra’s Malasana focus flow was great. I love the “deep squad” position.
- 20 Min Focus Flow: Twists – Denis (1/31/23)
- 10 Min Foam Rolling: Quads & Hamstrings – Hannah
- 20 Min Mood Ride: Calm – Sam
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Logan (4/5/23)
I opted for a low-key recovery day. I especially enjoyed Sam’s Mood Ride – it was very calming indeed. He has such a soothing teaching style.
Even though I had a “pull-back week”, I was able to keep up with my “Mindfulness & Movement”, “Strength”, and the “Reset & Restore” trackers and I successfully drank my 64+ oz every day.
This week’s stats:
Walking: 4.1 mil
Cycling: 29.6 mi
Strength: 65 min
HIIT/Bootcamp: 30 min
Yoga: 145 min
Warm up + Stretching: 70 min
Meditation: 20 min
Did you have a calm or more intense week?
16 thoughts on “2023 Weekly Run Down 18/52 – Temporarily sidelined”
Ugh that darn covid! Glad your symptoms were minor and that you are feeling better. Nice job modifying your schedule Hope you have a better week ahead.
I know, darn Covid. I am glad it was mild. Thanks Deborah!
Ugh to Covid, but the good news is you seemed to have mild symptoms. Hopefully, you won’t need much of a recovery period. Great job keeping active, even if you had to modify your routine a bit.
Thanks Kim – I tried to be smart about it ;)
I’m sorry you tested positive, but sounds like it didn’t derail you too much. I think you are very wise for not pushing hard even though you felt okay.
My body definitely tells me I did way too much the last few weeks, so I am taking the time to rest now. It’s annoying, but I know I’ll get truly sick if I don’t.
Here’s to both us feeling 100%
Thanks Judy. Listening to your body – if it’s regarding Covid or otherwise – is so important. I hope you take it easy and feel 100% again pretty soon!
Oh, I hope you are feeling better!
Great job keeping up with everything, even though you weren’t at 100%.
It was pretty hectic this week, with lots of events, but this is how the end of the year is.
Thanks Jenn. I appreciate it. I hope the next week will be a little bit more low-key for you.
Ugh! Such a bummer about the positive Covid test. Glad to hear that it was a mld cause and that overall you still felt good. Smart idea to scale back on the cardio workouts last week and give your body some extra rest!
So random! But I am glad I tested and could adjust accordingly!
Glad your covid was mild! Sounds like you did all the right things this week to be cautious. Just a temporary sideline like you said.
Bummer on testing positive for Covid, but happy to hear that you had a mild case. Hope you’re back to feeling 100% by now.
Oof, how annoying! It seems like everyone who travels ends up with Covid nowadays. Glad it wasn’t too intense, and I hope you’re feeling better now!
Thanks Jenny. I am pretty much back to normal but still easing my way back into my exercise routine.
So, I gave blood on Tuesday and it is clear that I do not rebound the way I did when I was younger because I have been so very tired since then. I have been doing the very bare minimum of exercise and need to get back at it! I’m happy to hear your COVID is mild enough that you still feel like doing some activity.
Oof, San. You come back from seeing your family, you’re ready to go at it on the bike and…Covid? Seriously? Sorry you tested positive, glad you’re one of the most adaptable people I’ve encountered (:>) and that you shifted workouts without a blink. :)