My week started out pretty good. I was ready to jump back into my regular routine, but then I randomly tested positive for Covid on Wednesday morning. I say randomly because I was feeling fine, but I had some very mild cold symptoms. I don’t have any allergies, so that was a bit suspicious, and since I was supposed to go into the office, I took a test. I did not expect two lines.
I ended up cutting my cardio exercise down for the rest of the week – just out of precaution – and focused on yoga, a little bit of strength conditioning and stretching. Oh, and I went for a few walks to our local park.
- 5 Min Warm up Ride – Ben (4/17/23)
- 45 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (4/23/22)
- 10 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (8/7/19)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Riders – Kristin (4/10/23)
- 10 Min Standing Core Strength – Rebecca (3/2/23) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (11/2/22) — Mindfulness & Movement
I joined Tanja for W4R1 of the current Power Zone Challenge. Turns out, jumping into an on-going PZ Challenge mid-way after three weeks off the bike is not as seamless as I had hoped. I was on the struggle bus for the second half of the 45 min Power Zone Ride. But hey, you gotta try. I’ll be working myself back into the game.
- 20 Min Yoga Flow – Denis (3/25/23) — Reset & Restore
- 15 Min Upper Body Strength – Erik (2/23/23) — Strength
- 20 Min Country Ride – Bradley (4/13/23)
- 10 Min Low Impact Ride – Bradley (9/9/21)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Bradley (9/25/22)
I opted for a slightly less intense start to my day with a yoga flow, some strength training, and a fun Country Ride with my current fave, Bradley Rose. He cracks me up every single time.
- 30 Min Yoga Conditioning: Full Body – Kristin (4/27/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 10 Min Lower Body Strength – Erik (4/27/23) — Strength
- 15 Min Full Body Stretch
- 10 Min APIHM Icons Meditation – Aditi (5/13/21) — Rest & Restore
Because of my positive Covid test in the morning, I modified my workout stack a little bit and cut out any planned cardio-heavy classes.
- 20 Min World Mental Health Day Yoga Flow – Anna (10/9/21) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Hamstrings – Anna (4/25/23)
- 20 Min Strength Roll Call: Full Body – Ben (1/9/23) — Strength
- 10 Min Chest & Back Stretch – Selena (1/22/20) — Reset & Restore
- 10 Min Restorative Yoga – Ross (3/15/23)
I kept it easy and low-impact for the remainder of the week and focused on more yoga and stretching.
- 45 Min Classical Walk – Becs (1/13/23)
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Kristin (4/4/23)
- 10 Min Full Body Strength – Adrian (12/7/22) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (2/27/23)
I went for a nice walk with Jon in the afternoon. The rosegarden at our park is in beautiful bloom right now. When we got home, I followed up with a bit of yoga and strength training.
- 10 Min Morning Meditation – Mariana (2/27/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 30 Min Bootcamp: Bodyweight – Callie (10/26/21) — Strength
- 15 Min Focus Flow: Malasana – Kirra (3/23/23)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Callie (11/9/22)
- 45 Min Power Walk – Matty (7/18/19)
I physically felt (almost) back to normal and decided to do a 30 min bodyweight bootcamp. I took the cycling parts in Zone 1 and felt pretty good. Kirra’s Malasana focus flow was great. I love the “deep squad” position.
- 20 Min Focus Flow: Twists – Denis (1/31/23)
- 10 Min Foam Rolling: Quads & Hamstrings – Hannah
- 20 Min Mood Ride: Calm – Sam
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Logan (4/5/23)
I opted for a low-key recovery day. I especially enjoyed Sam’s Mood Ride – it was very calming indeed. He has such a soothing teaching style.
Even though I had a “pull-back week”, I was able to keep up with my “Mindfulness & Movement”, “Strength”, and the “Reset & Restore” trackers and I successfully drank my 64+ oz every day.
This week’s stats:
Walking: 4.1 mil
Cycling: 29.6 mi
Strength: 65 min
HIIT/Bootcamp: 30 min
Yoga: 145 min
Warm up + Stretching: 70 min
Meditation: 20 min
Did you have a calm or more intense week?