Today I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 Linkup again and we’re sharing our best five running hacks. Running hacks are little tricks and tips that make the running experience better. Every runner has some of those. Here are my five favorite ones.
[bctt tweet=”It’s #FRIYAY! Join @fairytalesnfit + @running_onhappy for the #FridayFive 2.0 linkup!” ]
1. I use my Runtastic app to track the mileage that I put on my shoes. I only have two pairs right now, but it’s nice to know which ones I’ve used for how many miles.
2. I don’t take running for granted. Every time I feel like I don’t want to run, I remind myself of the girl at the park that I occasionally see being pushed around in her ‘hospital bed’, who can’t run. It reminds me to be thankful for every step that I can take every single day.
3. If you have a problem with cadence, put together a playlist with songs that hit 170-180 bpm per hour (that’s where the sweet spot is for cadence). It makes it way easier to fall into the same rhythm and keep it consistent (and you’ll get used to it).
4. Braid your hair. I wish I could pull off a nice high-top messy bun when I run, but my hair is not thick enough and it would look totally ridiculous. If I leave it just in a ponytail, my hair will be a rat’s nest at the end of my run. So, I often braid it so it won’t get all tangled up.
6. Switch it up and set your watch/app to metric units. I keep myself mentally sane if I run in kilometers instead of miles sometimes. You’ll be hitting the km-marks faster and that chops your run up into more digestible bits. I always tell myself that I can definitely run another kilometer (only to tell myself the same thing again, when I hit the next mark).
Tell me one of your best running hacks!