It’s been nice this week to pull back and to do very little in terms of structured workouts after weeks of a more rigid training schedule. But who am I kidding, I like some structure.
Thankfully, I still have some structure, provided by the Power Zone Pack “Power Zone University: Class of 2023” Challenge. We are in week 4 of the 6-week challenge and I had two power zone rides and two runs on the schedule that I could easily fit around some other fun classes that I picked from our new Streakers365 October challenges. Our admins outdid themselves again. The challenges are all Halloween-themed and are so fun (check out the trackers below).
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Floor Poses – Aditi (9/27/23) — Personal Streak/Pick Your Poison
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Adrian (10/1/23)
I had an easy day today with just a little yoga and stretching. Just what my post-half-marathon body needed.
- 20 Min Pilates – Aditi (10/3/23) LIVE — Core Halloween Party/Personal Streak
- 30 Min Spotify Baila Reggaeton Bootcamp – Tunde (11/3/21) — Pick Your Poison/Boo-tcamp
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Ben (9/26/23)
- 15 Min Lower Body Mobility – Ross (5/2/23)
I joined my Streakers365 friends for Pilates and Bike Bootcamp today and Ross’ Lower Body Mobility class was really excellent.
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Bradley (4/12/22)
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Rock Ride – Matt (8/12/23) — PZU-W4R1
- 10 Min David Bowie Full Body Stretch – Ben (1/19/22) — Spooktacular Stretch
- 10 Min Core Strength – Rad (9/25/23) — Core Halloween Party
- 20 Min Focus Flow: Twists – Anna (9/12/23) — Personal Streak
I tackled Matt’s 45 min power zone endurance ride today and got a bit of core work and yoga in.
- 15 Min Pop Core Strength – Erik (6/19/23) — Core Halloween Party
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Kirsten (3/1/22)
- 30 Min Intervals Run – Olivia (12/21/22) — PZU-W4R2/Pick Your Poison
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Kristin (9/19/23) — Personal Streak
I continued to take it easy this week and only planned small(er) stacks. I did a little bit of core training, followed by a 30-minute run for the power zone challenge and some yoga for runners.
- 30 Min Pilates – Kristin (10/6/23) — Core Halloween Party
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Emma (9/26/23)
- 30 Min Janet Jackson Bootcamp – Cody (9/28/23) — Boo-tcamp/PZU-W4AR
- 15 Min Low Impact Ride – Ben (4/10/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Lower Body Stretch – Adrian (9/20/23)
- 30 Min Flamenco Yoga – Denis (10/6/23)
Three of my Streakers365 friends were hitting milestones today, so we had a milestone stack planned. I was so excited to be able to celebrate with these lovely ladies and the Janet Jackson Bootcamp was so much fun. You also might want to try out Denis’ Flamenco Yoga class. There were no castanets involved, but there may have been some hip-shacking.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Andy (10/2/23)
- 45 Min Tempo Run – Becs (7/29/21) — PZU-W4R4
- Extra 10: Walk – Matty (9/11/23) — Pick Your Poison/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Core Strength – Emma (10/14/22) — Core Halloween Party/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Ross (10/3/23) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
We had another heatwave this weekend (95F in October!) and I should have gone for my run a little earlier. When I got out at 10 am, it was already pretty warm, but luckily, the tempo run with Becs was fun and it was totally doable once I got going. As always, the hardest part is the step out the door sometimes. I finished up with a 10-minute cool-down walk and a focus flow for runners. These are really great and I always feel that Ross is particularly good at explaining the exercises/poses.
- Flash 15 – Jess S (8/8/22) — Pick Your Poison/Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (2/17/23) — PZU-W4R3
- Extra 10: Low Impact Ride – Robin (7/24/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Core Strength – Selena (4/5/22) — Core Halloween Party
- 5 Min Savasana – Mariana (1/19/22) — Personal Streak
I had a 30-minute power zone ride left to do for the PZU challenge and I procrastinated the whole day because I knew what was coming: 2 x 8 min in zone 4. I just didn’t want to do it. I finally got over myself at 5 p.m. and got on the bike after warming up with a Flash 15. The ride was a bit of a struggle (especially the second interval – look at that wiggly graph!), but I got it done.
Current Challenges + Trackers:
Streaker365 Pick Your Poison ✔
Streaker365 Spooktacular Stretch ✔
Streaker365 Core Halloween Party ✔
Streaker365 OctoberPersonal Streak (Daily Yoga/Pilates) ✔
Streaker365 Boo-tcamp Tracker ✔
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo (weekly) – 2 bingo
It’s trackers galore for October. It really keeps planning my week interesting and exciting! I didn’t do so well coordinating with my Instructor Bingo card, so I only managed to get two bingos this week.
This week’s stats:
Running: 8.3 mi
Walking: 1.9 mi
Cycling: 33.4 mi
Strength: 55 min
Bike Bootcamp: 60 min
Yoga/Pilates: 135 min
Warm up + Stretching: 70 min
How was your week? Did you try any new workouts?
PYP = Pick Your Poison October Tracker
Spooktacular Stretch = Streakers365 Recovery Tracker
Core Halloween Party = Core Tracker
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo