I finished up the Power Zone Pack Squad Mini Challenge this week. It was a 4-week, in-between challenge to keep up with PZ rides between official challenges (the next one, the 8-week “Groovy Zones PZP Challenge” will start tomorrow).
I chose the “three PZ rides + three strength classes” option for the Mini Challenge and it was great that I was forced to schedule (at least) three strength sessions (plus three 10 min core sessions) during the week.
To nobody’s surprise, I am also participating in (yet) another couple of challenges. Both are organized by my Streakers365 group and so much fun. The “Artist Series” Challenge runs from Jan, 1 to April, 1 and the idea is to take an Artist Series class that starts with each letter of the alphabet. I did a couple of artist classes for this week’s workouts (see the graphic at the bottom). The other challenge is called “Streaking into the New Year” and suggests different types of workouts/challenges to complete by Jan, 20. I have three more boxes to check off next week.
Since most of my workouts come from the Peloton platform – and I know many of you use it as well – I decided to add the instructors and dates of the class to my overview, in case you want to find a class that I recommended or that peaks your interest.
- 5 Min Pre-Ride Warm-up – Cliff (2/21/21)
- 10 Min Core Strength – Selena (12/20/22)
- 30 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (11/6/19)
- 20 Min Full Body Mobility – Matty (11/23/22)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Hamstrings – Anna (10/17/22)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Marcel M (7/27/22)
After a very short night on the couch (we slept in the living room downstairs because of another storm that was coming through), I was on the struggle bus for the Power Zone Ride. My body was not up for zone 5 intervals in the morning. Luckily, I had Tanja by my side on the leaderboard to pull me through.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Camila (10/5/22)
- 45 Min HIIT Run – Becs (7/9/21)
- 10 Min Cooldown Run – Becs (11/9/20)
- 5 Min Cooldown Walk – Tobias (6/15/22)
- 30 Min Upper Body Strength – Rad (6/22/22)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Assal (12/31/22)
The HIIT Run was fun. I had a tempo run on my half marathon training plan, so didn’t execute exactly as prescribed, but I always appreciate Becs Gentry’s running wisdom.
- 5 Min Full Body Strength Warm up – Rad (11/1/21)
- 30 Min Glutes & Legs Strength – Selena (9/30/22)
- 20 Min Yo-Yo Ma Ride – Christine (5/11/22)
- 5 Min Post Ride Stretch – Christine (12/7/22)
- 15 Min Soft Rock Walk (Lunch Walk) – Jon (12/2/22)
I usually stick to strength and yoga on Wednesdays, but I decided to do a short ride to shake out my legs after the glutes & legs class. I picked Christine’s Yo-Yo Ma Ride (letter “Y” for the Artists Series”). It was a fun ride.
- 5 Min HIIT Cardio Warm-up – Selena (6/4/21)
- 30 Min Pro Cyclist Ride – Christian (2/19/20)
- 30 Min Chris Cornell Run – Adrian (8/6/21)
- 10 Min Cooldown Run – Susie (12/16/22)
- 10 Min Post-Run Stretch – Matt (12/15/22)
Tanja joined me for the 30 Min Pro Cyclist Ride and we both enjoyed it, although the cues were a little off, or rather the graph wasn’t matched to the cues (as you can see) and it irks me just a little bit. Haha. I also had to get a 30 min run done and I picked Adrian’s Chris Cornell Run (“C” for the Artist Series). If you’re into Audioslave, you should take this run sometime. Great playlist!
- 5 Min Full Body Strength Warm-up – Erik (3/24/22)
- 45 Min Full Body Strength – Matty (11/19/20)
- 20 Min Ed Sheeran Low Impact Ride – Bradley (11/1/21)
- 20 Min Evening Stretch – Matty (12/14/22)
I got some sad news on Friday and wasn’t in the mood to work out at all, but I knew that I’d feel better if I just moved my body for a bit (and guess what? I did! Never underestimate the power of a good sweat.)
- 5 Min HIIT Cardio Warm-up – Jess S (5/3/21)
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Matt (1/16/20)
- Extra 10: Low Impact – Jess K (12/5/22)
- 10 Min Sam Smith Core Strength – Emma (6/10/21)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Adrian (9/7/22)
I finished up the last ride of the Squad Mini Challenge, a power zone endurance ride with two 11-min intervals in zone 3. I loved it! Endurance is my jam.
- 5 Min Pre-Ride Warm-up – Cliff (2/21/21)
- 30 Min Miley Cyrus Ride – Jess K (1/9/21)
- 60 Min Endurance Run – Marcel D (1/15/2023 – LIVE) – my 300th run!
- 15 Min 2000s Run – Matt (12/12/22)
- 10 Min Full-Body Stretch – JJ (1/12/23)
- 10 Min Healthy Back Yoga – Anna (6/1/22)
I will admit that I am a fair-weather runner. I am neither equipped for inclement weather, nor for running in the dark, but today I had to bite the bullet and take the chance of getting wet (and I did) to get my long run in. It was also my 300th run on the Peloton platform and that needed to be celebrated.
This week’s stats:
Running: 18.2 miles
Cycling: 55 miles
Strength: 125 min
Yoga: 20 min
Warm up + Stretching: 120 min
How was your week? Any fun sessions? Did you get wet on a run?