Another really exciting week! I hit another milestone with Tanja on the bike, and I spent a few days at a friend’s house and got to try her Peloton tread. Cue my excitement!
I also participated in another PeloFondo weekend. If you don’t recall, PeloFondo is a Gran Fondo-style endurance challenge for Peloton riders and the main goal is to ride a designated amount of miles. You can join individually or as a team and pledge a number of miles that you vow to accomplish within 48 hours (Sat/Sun).
- 10 Min Morning Flow – Kristin (8/4/22) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Full Body Strength: Week 3, Day 1 – Ben (10/31/22) — PUTV2-W3D1/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Hannah F (3/9/23)
- 30 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (9/11/21) — Breaking Zones W5R1/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Chest & Back Strength – Callie (7/12/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Spinal Mobility – Andy (2/7/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Just Ride Outdoor
- 10 Min Just Ride: Outdoor
I started week 3 of the Pump Up The Volume 2 Program and then jumped on week 5, ride 1 of the Breaking Zones Challenge with Tanja. This week it’s back to Power Zone Rides and this interval structure was so much fun.
- 10 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Andy (9/9/21)
- Team Wilpers Summer Run Challenge 2023 – W7R1
- 10 Min Warm Up/45 Min Classic Rock Run – Matt (7/6/23)
- 30 MinThreshold Run
- 8 min Threshold/2 Min Easy
- 8 min Threshold/2 Min Easy
- 10 Min Threshold
- 5 Min Cool Down Run
- 5 Min Post-Run Stretch – Hannah F (1/24/23) — The Cool Down
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Denis (4/10/23) — Personal Streak
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride German Pop – Erik (7/18/23) — 950. Ride!!
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Sam (7/13/23)
I started week 7 of the Team Wilpers Summer Run challenge with a threshold run. The intervals are getting longer and I am still working on not “going out too fast” at the beginning of the threshold intervals. It’s still tricky to hit the correct pace when you run outside.
Later, I got on the bike, and Tanja and I celebrated our 950th ride with Erik’s Power Zone Endurance German Pop Ride. We thought a German ride (with fewer people) would give us a better chance for a shoutout, but sadly, no such luck. Maybe for the 1000! Still, so much fun!
- 20 Min Bollywood Pilates – Aditi (5/23/23) — Heat It Up/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Full Body Strength: Week 3, Day 2 – Ben (10/31/22) — PUTV2-W3D2
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Anna (7/7/21) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
This was an active rest day. I usually go into the office on Wednesdays, but I switched my office day to Monday this week because I was going to the Bay Area to stay with a friend for a few days. The perks of remote work!
- 10 Min Energizing Meditation – Kristin (2/16/23) — The Cool Down
- 20 Min 2000s Pilates – Anna (7/20/23)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Rock Ride – Denis (7/27/22) — Breaking Zones W5R2
- 5 Min Lower Body Stretch – Callie (3/21/23) — The Cool Down
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Riders – Mariana (11/15/22) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 45 Min 80s Walk – Matty (9/30/22) — Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min Classic Rock Walk – Becs (5/25/23) – PR!
Since my friend has both the Peloton bike and tread, I was able to keep up with my challenges while I was there. But holy moly, her OG bike felt SO MUCH harder than my bike at home. You can see how much I struggled to hit my zones 2 + 3 on her bike. I knew that all bikes are different and the calibration is a huge topic of contention (because if the calibrations are different, the leaderboard is basically useless), but I was trying to remind myself that this didn’t reflect on my fitness, just on different equipment. It was still frustrating to not be able to hold my zones.
- 10 Min Morning Meditation – Kristin (6/26/23)
- 20 Min Full Body Strength: Week 3, Day 3 – Ben (10/31/22) — PUTV2-W3D3
- Team Wilpers Summer Run Challenge 2023 – W7R2
- 15 Min Warm Up/45 Min HIIT Run – Becs (1/6/22)
- 20 Min V02 Max Run
- 3 min V02 Max/2 Min Easy
- 5 min V02 Max/5 Min Easy
- 5 Min V02 Max
- 10 Min Cool Down Run
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Ross (9/27/22) — Personal Streak
I finally got to try out the Peloton tread. Who’s surprised that I loved it? NOBODY, that’s who! I did my V02 Max run and it was great to be able to set a specific pace and just move my legs. The nerd in me was a little irked that my Garmin didn’t pick up the correct pace though (I don’t have a foot pod) and that the treadmill stats didn’t reflect the actual interval structure. First-world problems, I know. It was a great workout nonetheless.
- 30 Min Hip Hop Ride – Matt (7/22/23) — Pelofondo
- Team Wilpers Summer Run Challenge 2023 – W7R3
- 10 Min Warm Up Run
- 45 Min Endurance Run/ 60 Min Endurance Run – Mariana (6/16/23) — PR!
- 5 Min Cool Down Run
- 15 Min 80s Ride – Benny (3/11/23) — Instructor Bingo/Pelofondo
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Kirra (8/12/22) — The Cool Down/Personal Streak
I started the day off with Matt’s LIVE ride and was so happy to see so many of my Streakers365 friends on the leaderboard who were all up bright and early to collect miles for PeloFondo. Since I was at my friend’s house, I knew I wasn’t going to be able to ride as much as other times, but I still pledged 20 miles for the weekend. Every mile counts for the team!
I also did my Team Wilpers 60 min endurance run on the tread and it felt so much harder than outside, even at an easy pace. It’s really interesting, because a few years ago (pre-pandemic) I ran a lot more on the tread at the gym and I always found the outdoor runs harder. Now it has completely switched.
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Bradley (2/14/23) — Pelofondo
- 15 Min Pick-me-up Ride – Hannah C (12/8/22) — Instructor Bingo/Pelofondo
- 15 Min New Wave Ride – CDE (3/31/22) — Instructor Bingo/Pelofondo
- 15 Min Live from LA: Pop Punk Ride – Kendall (7/18/23) — Instructor Bingo/Pelofondo
- Extra 10: Low Impact Ride – Camila (5/1/23) — Instructor Bingo/Pelofondo
- 15 Min 90s Rock Run – Susie (5/17/23) — Instructor Bingo – PR!
- Extra 10: Walk – Marcel D (1/9/23) — Instructor Bingo
- Extra 10: Hike – JJ (4/10/23) — Instructor Bingo – PR!
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Quads – Chelsea (7/17/23) — Instructor Bingo/Personal Streak
I tried to get more miles in for Pelofondo, while simultaneously collecting more classes for the instructor bingo. I also really wanted to take advantage and use the tread one more time, so I opted for a short run, walk, and hike.
As you can guess, I earned quite a few PRs this weekend (easy when it’s the first time you take a certain type of class on new-to-you equipment – haha.)
Current Challenges + Trackers:
Streaker365 Heat It Up (Body Weight Blackout Bingo) – completed ✔
Streaker365 The Cool Down — week 3 complete ✔
Streaker365 Healthy Habit Bingo
Streaker365 July Personal Streak (10+ min yoga/day) ✔
Peloton Pump Up The Volume 2 Strength Program (4 weeks) — week 3 complete ✔
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo (weekly) — 5 Bingos!
I finished week 3 of the Pump Up The Volume 2 program with Ben. I completed the Heat It Up Tracker and week 3 of The Cool Down, and I hit another 5 bingos on the Instructor Bingo card. Yay!
This week’s stats:
Running: 16.9 mi
Walking: 2.9 min
Cycling: 58.5 mi
Strength: 70 min
Yoga/Pilates: 110 min
Warm up + Stretching: 70 min
Meditation: 20 min
How was your week? Any milestones, fun challenges, new PRs?
The Cool Down = Streakers365 Recovery Tracker
Heat It Up = Bodyweight Blackout Bingo
Breaking Zones = Power Zone Pack Challenge “Breaking Zones” (8 weeks)
W1C1 = Week 1, Class 1
W1AR1 = Week 1 Accelerator Class 1
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo