I am linking up again for the Weekly Run Down with Kim and Deborah.
This week felt really great. I am getting back to running (the weather was beautiful here and I got three runs in!), I am planning to fit in a few Power Zone (Endurance) rides each week until the next challenge starts in June, and I have been trying to keep up with morning yoga and some strength training as well. It’s a constant struggle. I want to do it all. Anyone else?
I also remembered that I had signed up for Pelotrak a while back. It’s an app that gives you more insights on your Peloton workouts and connects you with friends. They also offer a weekly Instructor Bingo (as if I need one more challenge – haha!) which encourages you to plan your workouts around different instructors. It definitely keeps things interesting.
- 15 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Chelsea (10/24/21)
- 20 Min Strength Roll Call: Upper Body – Ben (4/20/23) — Strength
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 10 Min Warm Up Run – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 20 Min Premier Run – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 10 Min Cool Down Run – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Erik (9/9/20)
I am so excited that Mariana is teaching running classes now. I had bookmarked her premiere run right after it came out but had to get through Covid first before I could finally take it. I am looking forward to running with her more often.
- 20 min Morning Yoga Flow – Aditi (1/7/23)
- 20 Min Glutes & Legs Strength – Tunde (3/18/23) — Strength
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Alex (7/19/22)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Olivia (2/5/21)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (4/12/23)
- 5 MIn Post-Ride Stretch – Jess K (3/3/22) — Reset & Restore
I opted for a Power Zone Endurance ride and I felt good in my zones. I want to keep practicing before the next challenge.
- 10 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Kristin (8/4/22)
- 20 Min Rock Full Body Strength – Andy (3/25/21) — Strength
- 20 Min Country Ride – Matt (8/27/21)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (5/7/23) — Reset & Restore
- 10 Min Just Ride: Outdoor (Commute)
- 10 Min Just Ride: Outdoor (Commute) — Mindfulness & Movement
I really liked the exercise sequence in Andy’s Full Body Strength class. Bookmarked it for future reference. I also commuted to my office by bike. It’s just shy of 2 miles each way. I know I am so lucky.
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Anna (9/6/21)
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Susie (4/10/23)
- 10 Min Warm Up Run – Adrian (4/11/23)
- 30 Min Club Bangers Run – Alex (1/26/23)
- 5 Min Post-Run Stretch – Susie (2/15/23)
- 10 Min K-Pop Barre – Ally (5/10/23) — Strength
- 15 Min Sleep Meditation – Ross (1/23/20) — Mindfulness & Movement
I fit in another early morning outdoor run before work and it reminded me why I like to get my workouts done in the morning, a) summer mornings are simply beautiful and b) I feel so ready afterward to tackle the rest of the day.
- 5 Min Full Body Strength Warm up – Erik (7/1/21)
- Flash 15 – Jess S (5/12/23) — Strength
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Erik (5/18/23)
- 10 Min Climb Ride – Kendall (10/31/22)
- 10 Min Basics: Pigeon – Ross (7/30/19) — Reset & Restore
- 5 Min Lower Body Stretch – Adrian (4/11/23)
Erik’s Power Zone Endurance ride was interesting – it was the first endurance class that was exclusively in zone 2 (except during warm-up) and we worked on different cadence and resistance combinations. As you can see, I was struggling to keep a smooth line (but that’s what these classes are for, amirite? It’s good training!)
- 40 min Just Ride: Outdoors
- 45 Min Power Walk – Selena (2/27/20)
Saturday was an active rest day. I rode my (street) bike to the local Farmers Market and went for a walk with Jon in the afternoon.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Susie (3/23/22)
- 60 Min Best of the Decade Run – Selena (12/29/19)
- Extra 10: Endurance – Susie (5/15/23)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Denis ( 4/10/23) – Strength
- 5 Min Relaxing Meditation – Ross (2/14/23) — Reset & Restore
I successfully completed the Mindfulness & Movement tracker this week. Doesn’t my blooming plant look beautiful? I also kept up with my hydration, the Reset & Restore, and the Strength schedule (except for Saturday, oops).
This week’s stats:
Running: 16 mi
Walking: 2 mi
Cycling: 38.7 mi
Strength: 85 min
Yoga: 75 min
Warm up + Stretching: 50 min
Meditation: 20 min
Did you try something new this week?
20 thoughts on “2023 Weekly Run Down 20/52 – I had a good week!”
Love the power zone tank so cute. I always want to do it all as well. It’s hard not to! I am going to start Andy’s new strength program tomorrow. Glad you are feeling better!
Thanks Deb. The PZ Pack offered it during one of their challenges and I had to have it :)
You sure keep up with a lot of challenges. I’m in the last week of an Olivia core challenge and am ready for a change. At least they’ve dropped new classes in the meantime.
No shade on the others, but I am really loving Hannah, Camilla and Mariana on the tread!
I am with you, Coco… I love Hannah, Camilla and Mariana on the tread. Oh, and Becs, of course. She’s a fantastic coach.
Hmm, I guess you could say speed work was “new” this week since I haven’t done it in almost a year!
Sounds like you’re back to normal- you had a lot of workouts and a nice mix of strength/cardio/yoga. You must be feeling good!
I need to add in speed work LOL
You do a fantastic job fitting in so many Peloton classes each day! I would love to bike commute to work, but the helmet hair is the deal-breaker, LOL.
Haha, I have heard the problem with helmet hair LOL luckily, my commute is short and I can mostly get away with putting my hair in a ponytail real quick and then taking it out as soon as I reach my destination. It would be different if my commute was longer and I would really work up a sweat. As it is, it’s a leisure bike ride.
It is definitely hard to juggle it all, because yes, I want to do all the things that help you stay active — but it’s just impossible!
Sounds like a great week for you.
I am glad I am not the only one who tries to “do it all” ;)
Fabulous week! Nice job!
Nothing new over here. School is winding down so that’s where all my energy is focused right now.
I hear from a lot of people that the end of the school year is busy! I hope you get through the stressful time quickly :)
super great week for you! so many great classes! Love that you rode your bike to the farmers market. did you bring your bike with you from Germany? do you ride often or miss the biking culture a bit here in Northern Europe? I would be lost without the ability to walk and bike everywhere. It’s one thing I think about when I occasionally consider going back to the US.
Thank you, Renée. I did not bring my bike from Germany, but I did buy a “European-looking” bike on purpose and I definitely miss the bike culture … I used to do *everything* by bike when I still lived back home. Luckily, it’s possible to use the bike (and walk) where we live.
You just reminded me that I also have the PeloTrak app – I totally forgot about it! Also I love that PZ zone tank – super cute!
Ha, I forgot about the PeloTrak app for a while too… but now I am using it again :)
And thank you, I love the PZ shirt… they offered it through the PZPack Website after one of their PZ Challenges and I had to have it ;)
I ended up getting a trial membership to Peloton. I’ve only done 2 classes but I liked both. One was strength training, the other was a treadmill run. I usually hate running on the treadmill (which I call the dreadmill) but the 30 min class went fast since we were doing hills, speed intervals, etc. I did it at my hotel in Denver. I’ve been kind of limited on strength training as I hurt my upper arm a couple of months ago and it still hurts. I think I pull or torn something when I was doing chest flies. Hopefully it heals soon!
So happy to hear you loved the Peloton classes that you took. I am getting a lot of variety and enjoyment out of them :)
Hope your arm heals quickly – I hate when you try to incorporate more strength and then pull a muscle.
I love the picture you took while riding your bike and that you can ride it around town, to work, the farmer’s market, etc.
Have a great rest of your week!
Thanks Debbie ;)