This week felt really great. I am getting back to running (the weather was beautiful here and I got three runs in!), I am planning to fit in a few Power Zone (Endurance) rides each week until the next challenge starts in June, and I have been trying to keep up with morning yoga and some strength training as well. It’s a constant struggle. I want to do it all. Anyone else?
I also remembered that I had signed up for Pelotrak a while back. It’s an app that gives you more insights on your Peloton workouts and connects you with friends. They also offer a weekly Instructor Bingo (as if I need one more challenge – haha!) which encourages you to plan your workouts around different instructors. It definitely keeps things interesting.
- 15 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Chelsea (10/24/21)
- 20 Min Strength Roll Call: Upper Body – Ben (4/20/23) — Strength
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 10 Min Warm Up Run – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 20 Min Premier Run – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 10 Min Cool Down Run – Mariana (5/4/23)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Erik (9/9/20)
I am so excited that Mariana is teaching running classes now. I had bookmarked her premiere run right after it came out but had to get through Covid first before I could finally take it. I am looking forward to running with her more often.
- 20 min Morning Yoga Flow – Aditi (1/7/23)
- 20 Min Glutes & Legs Strength – Tunde (3/18/23) — Strength
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Alex (7/19/22)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Olivia (2/5/21)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (4/12/23)
- 5 MIn Post-Ride Stretch – Jess K (3/3/22) — Reset & Restore
I opted for a Power Zone Endurance ride and I felt good in my zones. I want to keep practicing before the next challenge.
- 10 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Kristin (8/4/22)
- 20 Min Rock Full Body Strength – Andy (3/25/21) — Strength
- 20 Min Country Ride – Matt (8/27/21)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (5/7/23) — Reset & Restore
- 10 Min Just Ride: Outdoor (Commute)
- 10 Min Just Ride: Outdoor (Commute) — Mindfulness & Movement
I really liked the exercise sequence in Andy’s Full Body Strength class. Bookmarked it for future reference. I also commuted to my office by bike. It’s just shy of 2 miles each way. I know I am so lucky.
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Anna (9/6/21)
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Susie (4/10/23)
- 10 Min Warm Up Run – Adrian (4/11/23)
- 30 Min Club Bangers Run – Alex (1/26/23)
- 5 Min Post-Run Stretch – Susie (2/15/23)
- 10 Min K-Pop Barre – Ally (5/10/23) — Strength
- 15 Min Sleep Meditation – Ross (1/23/20) — Mindfulness & Movement
I fit in another early morning outdoor run before work and it reminded me why I like to get my workouts done in the morning, a) summer mornings are simply beautiful and b) I feel so ready afterward to tackle the rest of the day.
- 5 Min Full Body Strength Warm up – Erik (7/1/21)
- Flash 15 – Jess S (5/12/23) — Strength
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Erik (5/18/23)
- 10 Min Climb Ride – Kendall (10/31/22)
- 10 Min Basics: Pigeon – Ross (7/30/19) — Reset & Restore
- 5 Min Lower Body Stretch – Adrian (4/11/23)
Erik’s Power Zone Endurance ride was interesting – it was the first endurance class that was exclusively in zone 2 (except during warm-up) and we worked on different cadence and resistance combinations. As you can see, I was struggling to keep a smooth line (but that’s what these classes are for, amirite? It’s good training!)
- 40 min Just Ride: Outdoors
- 45 Min Power Walk – Selena (2/27/20)
Saturday was an active rest day. I rode my (street) bike to the local Farmers Market and went for a walk with Jon in the afternoon.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Susie (3/23/22)
- 60 Min Best of the Decade Run – Selena (12/29/19)
- Extra 10: Endurance – Susie (5/15/23)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Denis ( 4/10/23) – Strength
- 5 Min Relaxing Meditation – Ross (2/14/23) — Reset & Restore
I successfully completed the Mindfulness & Movement tracker this week. Doesn’t my blooming plant look beautiful? I also kept up with my hydration, the Reset & Restore, and the Strength schedule (except for Saturday, oops).
This week’s stats:
Running: 16 mi
Walking: 2 mi
Cycling: 38.7 mi
Strength: 85 min
Yoga: 75 min
Warm up + Stretching: 50 min
Meditation: 20 min
Did you try something new this week?