You know, there is really nothing more satisfying than a delicious bowl of carbs, am I right?
Ok, this really is not a “full” recipe as we’re using prepared pasta sauce, but hear me out: the pasta sauce from Mezzetta* (made right here in Napa Valley) is one of the tastiest pasta sauces you have ever tasted. Our favorites are “Tomato Sweet Basil” and “Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion”, but you can’t really go wrong with any of the other four flavors.
It makes for a quick, 5-ingredient, very tasty dinner option. Just saying.
By the way, can we be honest about something? The fact that 2 oz of pasta is considered a full serving size is BS. Who eats only 2 oz of pasta? Not me, but there will be leftovers.
- 1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 jar (25 oz) Mezzetta spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms
- fresh basil
- parmesan (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per package directions.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan and add the ground turkey.
- Brown the meat until almost done.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for a 3-4 minutes.
- Add the jar of pasta sauce and heat through.
- Serve the bolognese sauce over the pasta and top with parmesan and fresh basil.
*this is not a sponsored post.