I am doing NaBloPoMo this month. 30 blog posts in 30 days. Come join me. #nablopomo2023
This week, I had to pivot again. We traveled to Southern California on Thursday to spend time with my mother-in-law and that meant being away from my Peloton for 3 out of 7 days. I had to rearrange my schedule a little bit to get all of the Power Zone Challenge rides out of the way before we left and focused on running and other classes I could do on the app while we were away.
The good news is that I got to run at the beach again. I will never say no to that and gladly rearrange my schedule to make that happen! :)
- 20 Min Chest & Back Strength – Adrian (11/19/20) — Lift the Turkey/Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Bootcamp: Full Body – Callie (10/24/23) — Bootcamp Burner/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Pop Core Strength – Rad (1/31/23) — Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – CDE (8/8/23)
- 30 Min Power Zone EDM Ride – Olivia (12/10/22) — PZ-W2R/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Riders – Kristin (9/14/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Full Body Stretch – Callie (10/22/23)
I scheduled a few strength classes for my trackers and joined Lindsay and Sherry for Callie’s Full Body Bootcamp. We followed that up with Rad’s Advanced Core Strength, which was a little less intimidating than I originally feared, and then I tackled week 2, ride 1 of the Power Zone Challenge with Tanja. A sweaty, but great morning indeed.
- 10 Arms & Light Weights – Leanne (6/28/23) — Lift the Turkey/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Pop Punk Pilates – Aditi (11/14/23) — Planksgiving/Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Epic Sing-Along Ride – Jenn (11/12/23)
- 30 Min 90s Run – Jess S (3/23/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Lower Body Stretch – Logan (11/1/23) – Thank Your Body
- 5 Min Core Strength – Rebecca (12/5/22) – Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
I missed the Epic Sing-Along Swarm Ride on Sunday but was able to take it today with Sherry and Lindsay and I am so glad we did. It was such a fun, emotional ride. I also went for a 30-minute run and did a little bit of strength training.
- 15 Min Dance Music Barre – Ally (11/15/23) — NovemBARRE/Personal Streak
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Hannah F (7/31/23)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Sam (11/1/23) — PZ-W2R2
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Hannah F(10/26/23)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Hannah F (8/19/22)
- 15 Min Core Strength – Robin (11/23/22) — Planksgiving
Do you know what the worst thing is that can happen to someone with a Peloton? An internet outage. Haha. And we had one this morning. I was hoping to join Sherry and Melissa for Barre and a Bootcamp, but I could only do Barre (from my phone) and then had to bail out.
Luckily, the internet came back just before my scheduled Power Zone Endurance Ride with Tanja. It was choppy (and my graph shows some intermittent connectivity issues) but I got it done.
- 10 Min Arms & Shoulder Strength – JJ (8/29/23 — Lift the Turkey/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Mood Core: Happy – Matty (6/23/21) — Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Bradley (2/14/23)
- 45 Min Power Zone Ride – Matt (11/9/22) — PZ-W2R3
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Ben (11/7/23)
- 10 Min Barre: Glutes – Ally (7/19/23) — NovemBARRE/Personal Streak
- 10 Min Gratitude Meditation – Kristin (11/7/23) — Thank Your Body
I crossed off a few classes for my trackers first thing and then joined Tanja for week 2, ride 3 of the Power Zone Challenge. It was a “sweet spot” ride (Zone 3/4 threshold) and sweaty, but fun. In the early afternoon, we flew down to Southern California and I took Kristin’s Gratitude Meditation on the flight. I love taking meditation when I travel, do you?
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Hannah F (6/19/23)
- 30 Min Usher Run + Walk – Kirsten (7/27/23) — Instructor Bingo/150th walk
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (11/24/22) — Thank Your Body
- 10 Min Basics: Pigeon Pose – Nico (10/12/23) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Core Strength – Tunde (9/6/23) — Planksgiving
We were at my mother-in-law’s house and I got up early and went for a run around the neighborhood. The USHER Run + Walk (that I was going to take as an “easy run” turned out to count as my 150th walk. Congratulations to me!
- 10 Min Standing Yoga – Kirra (12/14/21) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min 90s Walk – Jeffrey (11/16/23) — Instructor Bingo
Today was an active rest day and I only did some yoga in the morning and walked with my mother-in-law in the afternoon.
- 10 Min Standing Yoga – Ross (5/23/22) — Planksgiving/Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 45 Min Endurance Run – Becs (9/14/23)
- 15 Min Country Pop Run – Olivia (8/17/23)
I got to run on the beach again = Happy San! It was a beautiful, breezy day and I treated myself to some frozen yogurt (plain tart + yogurt chips) afterward. Yum!
Current Challenges + Trackers:
Streaker365 I am Thankful A-Z
Streaker365 Core Planksgiving
Streaker365 Bootcamp Burner
Streaker365 Lift the Turkey Strength Tracker
Streaker365 Thank Your Body Recovery Tracker
Streaker365 November Personal Streak (Daily Yoga)
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo (weekly) – 2 bingos
This week’s stats:
Running: 9.5 mi
Walking: 3.6 mi
Cycling: 30.7 mi
Boot Camp: 30 min
Strength: 95 min
Yoga/Pilates: 85 min
Warm up + Stretching: 70 min
Meditation: 10 min
I hope you had a great week. Did it go as planned or did you pivot?