I will admit, part of what is great about running is the post-run snack/meal. I would lie if I said that I don’t appreciate the extra calories I can allocate after a hard workout, besides the fact that refueling right after a workout is so important for recovery.
Here are some of my favorite go-to post-run snacks.
1. Chocolate milk – One is never too old to enjoy a nice, big glass of ice-cold chocolate milk, am I right?
2. German Apple pancakes – when I am home after a run and crave something sweet, I’ll throw together some pancake batter and make German pancakes with apples (or other fruit). They always hit the spot.
3. Light & Fit Yogurt Drink – I pretty much have these on hands for days where I don’t have much time, but want to get some protein in right after my run. They’re high in protein, low in sugar (none added) and pretty tasty.
4. Ozery Morning Rounds – I love these muesli bread rounds with a cup of coffee. I can eat them just plain, don’t even toast them, because they have good flavor by themselves.
5. Ham + Egg Sandwich – if I really want to treat myself, I make a “Strammer Max”, a ham (off the bone) + egg (over-easy) sandwich on fried bread. It’s a German ‘recipe’, which I have previously shared here.
Honorable other mentions: steel-cut oats, smoothies, yogurt with granola and fresh fruit, and fried potatoes with veggies. These also are frequent post run snacks for me, but this link-up is called Friday FIVE, so I had to stick those in a sidenote. Ha.What do you eat after a run? My favorite post-run snacks & meals #fridayfive Click To Tweet
What’s your favorite snack after a hard workout?