I am doing NaBloPoMo this month. 30 blog posts in 30 days. Come join me. #nablopomo2023
Is it dark and cold now where you are when you get up in the morning? Ugh. It’s so much harder for me to get out of bed in the morning when it’s still dark outside and so cozy under my blanket. I will also pose a challenge to getting my runs in during the week (as I refuse to run in the dark outside). I’ll have to come up with a new routine for the next few months.
I am indifferent when it comes to daylight saving times and at least we’re changing the clock this week and will have a temporary reprieve from the dark mornings, but then again, it will be dark early in the afternoon and it will feel like it’s time to go to bed when I finish work. I am really not looking forward to this aspect of this season.
November is going to be fun though. You guys know I like to stay busy, so I am excited for a bunch of new Streakers365 challenges and trackers (see below), Pelotrak Bingo, and a new Power Zone Pack Challenge starting next week.
- 20 Min Yin Yoga – Denis (10/10/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Boot Camp: Upper Body – Callie (10/13/23)
- Extra 10: Low Impact – Tunde (8/28/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Halloween Run – Becs (10/29/23)
- 20 Min 90s Run – Becs (4/15/22)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Adrian (10/2/23)
I did get myself out of bed to wake up with some yoga. Then I had planned to join Sherry, Lindsay, and Kirstin for an upper body boot camp. And thank goodness, it’s always good to know there are others waiting for you on the other side of the screen.
When it was finally light outside, I headed out for my obligatory Halloween run through our neighborhood to take *all the pictures* of the awesome Halloween decorations. Our neighbors go all out – check my post from yesterday if you missed it.
- 15 Min Pop Pilates – Anna (10/19/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Core Strength – Adrian (4/21/22) – Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Halloween Ride – Bradley (10/30/23)
- Extra 10: Intervals Ride – Camila (1/3/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Camila (9/28/23)
I put together a fun little stack for Halloween morning before I headed out for an out-of-town work meeting.
- 15 Min Pop Barre – Ally (11/1/23) — NovemBarre/I am Thankful A-Z/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Matt (10/10/23)
- 15 Min Hip Hop Ride – Alex T (12/24/20) — Barkle Riders Cup/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Tunde (9/15/23)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Ben (11/1/23) — Thank Your Body
It’s the beginning of a new month and we’re starting a set of new and exciting trackers for November. As always, it’s hard to not want to do them all, so we’ll see what I can accomplish!
I hopped into Ally’s Live Barre Class with Sherry and Lindsay this morning and then Sherry and I warmed up to take Alex’ 15-minute Hip Hop Class for the Barkle Riders Cup! (You’re matched with another racer with a similar FTP range and try to win against that rider in a 15-minute race.)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Core – Kirra (11/8/21) — Planksgiving/Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- Flash 15 – Jess S (9/27/22) — I am Thankful A-Z
- 30 Min Country Ride – Denis LIVE (11/2/23)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Denis (7/11/23)
I started out with focus flow for the core with Kirra this morning. She’s a hard instructor and her intermediate flows can be challenging, even though I’ve been doing yoga for a while. This was a beginner flow and felt just right.
I then joined Lindsay for a quick Flash 15 workout and then hopped on Denis’ LIVE Country Ride with Sherry. He played a fun mix of country songs, and there was even a song that lent itself to waltz (and if you know Denis, you know he likes to waltz).
- 30 Min Pop Punk Pilates LIVE – Kristin (11/3/23) — 650th Strength/I am Thankful A-Z/Planksgiving/Personal Streak
- 20 Min Janet Jackson Ride – Erik (9/28/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Arms & Shoulders Strength – Rebecca (10/27/23) — Lift the Turkey
- 10 Min Body Appreciation Stretch – Chelsea (9/27/23) — Thank Your Body
I celebrated my 650th strength class with a Live Pop Punk Pilates. The playlist was excellent (love me some punk music), I celebrated my milestone together with Lindsay (she hit 1650 classes) and we both got a shoutout from Kristin. Win-win!
- 60 Min Power Walk – Matty (10/14/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Hips – Chelsea (3/29/23) — I am Thankful A-Z/Personal Streak/Thank Your Body/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Arms & Shoulders Strength – Selena (8/7/21) — Lift the Turkey
- 15 Min Core Strength – Emma (9/23/22) — Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
My Saturday went a little differently than planned. I stayed up unusually late (for me) on Friday night and ended up skipping the Streakers365 Swarm Ride at 7 a.m. that I originally had planned to attend. I opted for a nice long walk with Jon in the afternoon instead and managed to complete a small stack of yoga and strength classes in the evening.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – JJ (10/31/23)
- 30 Min HIIT Run – Matt (8/17/23) — Instructor Bingo
- Extra 10: Walk – Joslyn (9/25/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min Pop Walk – Jon (5/10/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min Climb Ride – Kendall (2/15/21) — Instructor Bingo
- Extra 10: Low Impact Ride – Ben (10/20/22) — Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min Focus Flow: Core – Mariana (2/18/23) — Personal Streak/Planksgiving
- 5 Min Basics: Body Scan Meditation – Nico (10/25/23) — I am Thankful A-Z/Thank Your Body
In the morning, I headed out for a 30-minute HIIT run with Matt. It was fun to do some intervals again. I had taken a bit of a break from intervals since my half marathon last month.
Back home I attempted another PR in Kendall’s 15-minute Climb Ride, but I didn’t beat my output from Alex’ Hip Hop Ride on Tuesday and ended up submitting that result for the Barkle Riders Cup Race! We’ll find out tomorrow if I beat the rider that I was matched with.
Current Challenges + Trackers:
Streaker365 I am Thankful A-Z
Streaker365 Core Planksgiving
Streaker365 Bootcamp Burner
Streaker365 Lift the Turkey Strength Tracker
Streaker365 Thank Your Body Recovery Tracker
Streaker365 OctoberPersonal Streak (Daily Yoga)
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo (weekly) — 6 bingos
As you can see, my Streakers365 team has once again come up with a lot of fun trackers for the month of November. I am not sure if I will be able to finish them all, what with the holidays, travel, and the PZ Challenge that I signed up for, but you can bet that I’ll try my best. Haha.
This week’s stats:
Running: 8.6 mi
Walking: 4.3 min
Cycling: 39.1 mi
Bootcamp: 30 min
Strength: 75 min
Yoga/Pilates/Barre: 115 min
Warm up + Stretching: 50 min
Meditation: 5 min