Hooray, the holiday season is officially upon us… it’s my favorite time of the year! I am looking forward to soaking up as much holiday cheer the next few weeks as possible. I am planing to start the decorating this weekend and I can’t wait to watch all my favorite holidays movies.
1. The Holiday. This might be my very favorite holiday movie of all, and I don’t really know how many times I’ve seen it by now… often enough to know all the words by heart and I still sob through half of the movie (even though I know it all works out in the end). Ha.
2. Elf. I find this movie so charming and hilarious. The story, of course, is totally ridiculous, but Will Farrell plays his character with such heart-warming truthfulness and conviction. Will Farell truly at his best.
3. The Polar Express. I am usually not a big fan of animated movies, but I watch this movie every year and this Christmas story always tugs at my heart strings. It’s such a sweet story and I really enjoy Tom Hanks’ character in it.
4. It’s a wonderful life. A true classic, we always watch this move on Christmas Day (or Christmas Eve sometimes). James Stewart and Donna Reed are the perfect match.
5. Love actually. Another movie that just makes me all sappy and sentimental. I can’t even pick which plot is my favorite… obviously the sweet romance between the prime minister and Natalie, but also the falling in love of Jamie and Aurelia, and Mark’s unrequited love for Juliet. Ah, I give up…. I actually really love all of the characters.
What’s your favorite holiday movie?