I am happy to report that Covid only made a brief guest appearance last week and I tested negative again last Sunday. I had mild cold symptoms for maybe 5 days total and never developed a fever. I am so thankful.
I still took it easy at the beginning of the week, but gradually worked up to longer workouts towards the end of the week. Even though my heartrate was a still a little bit on the higher side, I felt pretty good during my workouts.
- 5 Min Upper Body Warm up – Tunde (5/13/22)
- 20 Min Upper Body Strength – Tunde (12/11/22) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Nico (1/19/23)
- 15 Min Low Impact Ride – Bradley (4/14/23)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Emma (5/28/19) — Reset & Restore
- 20 Min 2000s Ride – Jenn (5/9/23)
- 10 Min Low Impact Ride – Bradley (2/25/22)
- 15 Min Glutes & Legs Strength – Jess (7/19/19) — Strength
- 5 Min Active Recovery: Hips – Andy — Reset & Restore
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Hips – Denis (5/2/23)
- 5 Min Core Strength – Rad (5/1/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Adrian (9/7/22)
I was a bit ‘disorganized’ and hadn’t planned ahead, so I started off by jumping on a Live Ride with Jenn Sherman. And as you probably know, once you get started, things usually get easier and I added some classes from my Streaker365 challenges to round off the morning.
- 30 Min Morning Slow Flow – Mariana (2/27/23)
- 5 Min Core Strength – Selena (3/16/23)
- 15 Min Flash 15 – Jess S (4/14/23) — Strength
- 20 Min Daft Punk Ride – Bradley (5/8/23)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Bradley (10/5/21)
- 5 Min Stretch – Bradley (9/25/22)
I loved Mariana’s morning flow. Highly recommend it.
- 20 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Kristin (4/17/23)
- 20 Min Spinal Mobility – Adrian (11/23/22) — Strength
- 30 Min 80s Rock Ride – Bradley (4/28/23)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (5/7/23)
I started my day with another wonderful morning yoga flow. I should really start every day off like that.
- 10 Min Warm up Ride – CDE (11/14/19)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – CDE (11/7/22)
- 10 Min Duran Duran Cool Down Ride – CDE (1/11/23)
- 10 Min HIIT Cardio – Ben (1/16/23) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (4/27/21)
- 10 Min World Mental Health Meditation – Chelsea (10/9/21) — Reset & Restore
- 5 Min Basic Garland Pose – Kristin (7/11/22)
After taking it easy over the last week when it came to cardio exercise, I was ready to give a power zone endurance ride another try. My plan was to see if I could stick to the zone 2 + 3 intervals as instructed. I picked a great ride as CDE talked about the challenges of returning from a break or illness, which is just what I needed to hear. I am pretty happy how it went.
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Matt (9/23/21)
- 60 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Matt (4/3/21)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (11/2/20)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Hannah C (5/5/23)
- 10 Min Bodyweight Strength – Jess S (5/9/23) — Strength
I joined Tanja on her 850th ride in the morning. I was a little afraid to jump straight into a 60 min power zone endurance ride, but I felt confident after the 30 min ride on Friday and thought I could always drop down and finish the ride in zone 2, if I needed to. Well, happy to say – I didn’t need to. I felt good throughout the ride.
- 20 Min Focus Flow: Upper Body – Kristin (1/18/23) — Reset & Restore
- 30 Min Mother’s Day Ride – CDE (5/13/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – JJ (2/14/23) — Strength
I wasn’t able to see my mom for Mother’s Day but I took a Peloton Mother’s Day ride in her honor. Christine always shares great thoughts and nuggets of wisdom on her rides.
I finished my challenges for this week and did well on my streak goal of drinking at least 64 oz of water every day. Not too difficult to do when the temperatures reached the 80s to 90s here in California this week.
This week’s stats:
HIIT: 10 min
Cycling: 69.1 mi
Strength: 70 min
Yoga: 95 min
Warm up + Stretching: 80 min
Meditation: 10 min
How was the weather this week where you are? Did you have a good week?