I am linking up again for the Weekly Run Down with Kim and Deborah.
I am happy to report that Covid only made a brief guest appearance last week and I tested negative again last Sunday. I had mild cold symptoms for maybe 5 days total and never developed a fever. I am so thankful.
I still took it easy at the beginning of the week, but gradually worked up to longer workouts towards the end of the week. Even though my heartrate was a still a little bit on the higher side, I felt pretty good during my workouts.
- 5 Min Upper Body Warm up – Tunde (5/13/22)
- 20 Min Upper Body Strength – Tunde (12/11/22) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Nico (1/19/23)
- 15 Min Low Impact Ride – Bradley (4/14/23)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Emma (5/28/19) — Reset & Restore
- 20 Min 2000s Ride – Jenn (5/9/23)
- 10 Min Low Impact Ride – Bradley (2/25/22)
- 15 Min Glutes & Legs Strength – Jess (7/19/19) — Strength
- 5 Min Active Recovery: Hips – Andy — Reset & Restore
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Hips – Denis (5/2/23)
- 5 Min Core Strength – Rad (5/1/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Adrian (9/7/22)
I was a bit ‘disorganized’ and hadn’t planned ahead, so I started off by jumping on a Live Ride with Jenn Sherman. And as you probably know, once you get started, things usually get easier and I added some classes from my Streaker365 challenges to round off the morning.
- 30 Min Morning Slow Flow – Mariana (2/27/23)
- 5 Min Core Strength – Selena (3/16/23)
- 15 Min Flash 15 – Jess S (4/14/23) — Strength
- 20 Min Daft Punk Ride – Bradley (5/8/23)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Bradley (10/5/21)
- 5 Min Stretch – Bradley (9/25/22)
I loved Mariana’s morning flow. Highly recommend it.
- 20 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Kristin (4/17/23)
- 20 Min Spinal Mobility – Adrian (11/23/22) — Strength
- 30 Min 80s Rock Ride – Bradley (4/28/23)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (5/7/23)
I started my day with another wonderful morning yoga flow. I should really start every day off like that.
- 10 Min Warm up Ride – CDE (11/14/19)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – CDE (11/7/22)
- 10 Min Duran Duran Cool Down Ride – CDE (1/11/23)
- 10 Min HIIT Cardio – Ben (1/16/23) — Mindfulness & Movement/Strength
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (4/27/21)
- 10 Min World Mental Health Meditation – Chelsea (10/9/21) — Reset & Restore
- 5 Min Basic Garland Pose – Kristin (7/11/22)
After taking it easy over the last week when it came to cardio exercise, I was ready to give a power zone endurance ride another try. My plan was to see if I could stick to the zone 2 + 3 intervals as instructed. I picked a great ride as CDE talked about the challenges of returning from a break or illness, which is just what I needed to hear. I am pretty happy how it went.
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Matt (9/23/21)
- 60 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Matt (4/3/21)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (11/2/20)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Hannah C (5/5/23)
- 10 Min Bodyweight Strength – Jess S (5/9/23) — Strength
I joined Tanja on her 850th ride in the morning. I was a little afraid to jump straight into a 60 min power zone endurance ride, but I felt confident after the 30 min ride on Friday and thought I could always drop down and finish the ride in zone 2, if I needed to. Well, happy to say – I didn’t need to. I felt good throughout the ride.
- 20 Min Focus Flow: Upper Body – Kristin (1/18/23) — Reset & Restore
- 30 Min Mother’s Day Ride – CDE (5/13/23) — Mindfulness & Movement
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – JJ (2/14/23) — Strength
I wasn’t able to see my mom for Mother’s Day but I took a Peloton Mother’s Day ride in her honor. Christine always shares great thoughts and nuggets of wisdom on her rides.
I finished my challenges for this week and did well on my streak goal of drinking at least 64 oz of water every day. Not too difficult to do when the temperatures reached the 80s to 90s here in California this week.
This week’s stats:
HIIT: 10 min
Cycling: 69.1 mi
Strength: 70 min
Yoga: 95 min
Warm up + Stretching: 80 min
Meditation: 10 min
How was the weather this week where you are? Did you have a good week?
16 thoughts on “2023 Weekly Run Down 19/52 – I am back!”
Our weather has been up and down. We had some really warm days and then yesterday it rained all day! I need to acclimate to the heat, so I wish it would just stay warm! Nice week of workouts for you! And I’m glad to hear that Covid wasn’t too bad.
Acclimating to heat is definitely a thing and it would be nice if the weather would cooperate and let us adjust slowly. But we had some really hot days already, too!
Nice job rallying back! I’m glad Covid wasn’t much of setback for you. Those morning yoga flows sound nice. I should make time to do something like those, but I’m always in a rush to get my mornings started before I head to work. I know, bad excuse!
10 min, Kim, is all it takes. You’ll thank yourself. Just saying ;)
So glad to read you are feeling better and back at all of your Peloton workouts. You really hit a bunch of different types of classes this week. Where do you find all of your challenges? I am doing Olivia’s core challenge now.
I am part of a FB Group called Streakers365. The admins are awesome in putting out challenges and community building activities every month. I also do the Power Zone Pack Challenge and occasionally challenges on PeloTrak or Barkle. So many options!
I’m so glad you are feeling better and that you didn’t have a bad bout! That’s great news!
Also, great workouts for you!
It might as well be full summer here: 80s and 90s with near 100% humidity. Boo.
Yikes, 80s and 90s WITH humidity! That’s brutal.
wow so glad covid was mild for you and you could jump back in! and you really did! great job!
the weather was ok/pretty good several days last week. of course it’s always short lived. I am so ready to move out of Northern Europe but unfortunately still need to work like 15 more years before I can retire to the south haha! So much can happen in that time, maybe I’ll find a way to work remotely from Italy??? ha!
Where in Northern Europe do you live? Retiring in Italy does sound nice ;)
So glad to hear that you’re on the other side of Covid and feeling well!
So glad you’re feeling better and Covid is gone! Love your Peloton gear, so cute!
Thank you :) I am so glad it’s over.
I’m glad you weren’t to sick with Covid and that you’re feeling better.
We’ve had a really nice week of weather this past week. (low 70’s with low humidity). I think the humidity is supposed to return tomorrow… yuk!
I’m glad that you are back to your normal routine of workouts and that your 2nd experience with covid was much more mild. I am kind of shocked I haven’t gotten it again! But I’ve tested anytime I’ve had symptoms like a runny nose.
The Sunday you posted this, we had our nicest day in quite a long time. I remember this because that is the day we had Paul’s 5th birthday party at a park. I’m so glad it worked out as that was our last opportunity to have his party in May since the rest of the month was very busy with Mother’s Day, my grandma’s birthday, and my MIL’s birthday!