Wow, this month flew by, didn’t it? Here we are (almost) in February already, but I can’t let January slip away without sharing my favorites from this month.
1. This (very affordable, awesome) HSI flatiron. I don’t regularly use it, so it had been sitting in my bathroom cabinet for a while, but I recently ‘remembered’ that I had it and I found out that it really makes a difference when used on my 2nd (and 3rd) day hair!
I usually can only wear my hair down on the day that I wash it, because once I’ve slept on it, it’s all wavy and uncooperative. However, I noticed that if I use the flatiron on day 2, it makes my hair more manageable again. Win!
2. J and I have been a bit on a chips + salsa kick lately (well, who isn’t on a chips + salsa kick at any given time, right?) and we love the fresh Salsa Especial from Trader Joe’s. We buy both the mild and medium version and they’re both amazing. I am planning to make an awesome hot cheese + salsa dip for Superbowl weekend. (We don’t usually watch football, but we make an exception to justify more chips + salsa eating!)
3. My microwavable heating pad. ‘Nuff said. (I didn’t make mine myself, but it’s a grain-filled small pillow that you can put in the microwave). It helps tremendously with back pain or any other kind of pain and I love to take it to bed when it’s a little chilly in the house. So cozy.
4. I am generally not a big fan of protein bars, because they’re always so dense and chewy and sticky. They can also be quite expensive, so I usually stick with more ‘regular’ foods for my pre- or post-run fuel. However, last week, I picked up a Perfect Bar for free at Safeway (they offer “free” items to try every once in a while, and I almost always take advantage) and thought I’d give it a try. And surprise, this is the first protein bar I actually liked. It’s not chewy/sticky at all, but has the consistency of a dry cookie (think ‘Vanilla crescent cookies’) and I really liked it. I might buy this one again (when it’s on sale, ha!).
5. I bought this stamp (GAH!) to use in my #bulletjournal because it’s so cute. I couldn’t resist.
6. This long sleeve running shirt. It got mixed reviews on Amazon because the sizing seems way off, but I really liked the look of it and so I ordered it two sizes up and it actually fits me well. I am wearing it here. I LOVE the thumb holes and the moisture-wicking material and I don’t care if it has a wrong-sized label on the inside. It works for me!
What was one of your favorite things this month?
25 thoughts on “Monthly Favorites | January”
Salsa and thumb holes for the win!!
I am obsessed with chips and salsa so will look for this one next time I’m in TJ’s :) also will look for that protein bar—don’t think we have a Safeway here but that’s great they give out free samples!
Loved reading this and that stamp is adorable. Also I’m freezing and keep forgetting about my microwaveable heating pad!! Busting that out right now ;)
Yes, try this salsa!It’s so good. Also, I always forget that I have the heating pad….
We’ve been on a chips and salsa kick too! Instead of popcorn the other night we decided to have chips and salsa while we watched a movie. It was the best decision ever. So good. I’ve been using my flat iron a bit more as my hair is growing out lately and I’ve been kind of digging it. Microwavable heating pads are the greatest invention ever.
Chips and salsa + movie = the best :)
I loooooove my microwavable heating pad & somehow always seem to forget that I have it!
Get it out, girl! And put it in a spot where you can see it :)
Chips and salsa is my favorite snack but there is no TJ anywhere near me. It’s very unfair.
Oh, that is VERY unfair. I wouldn’t know what to do without TJ’s. Do you have an Aldi?
Oh my goodness I have been on a huge salsa kick too- we made pineapple salsa last week with Guac, getting hungry thinking about it now. That maple almond bar sounds yummy too-
pineapple salsa – yum!
I don’t really care about football but the rest of my family loves it. HOWEVER, I’m totally down for some snacks – salsa and chips sounds great. That protein bar sounds great. I have a hard time finding ones that I really love too. I’m curious now!
Let me know what you think of the protein bar, if you try it.
Yay for bullet journals supplies! That stamp is the cutest. :)
Thanks, I couldn’ resist especially because it was so affordable.
Love chips and salsa and the shirt is adorable!
I can’t do the thumb holes! One of my running shirts have them, and I will say it IS helpful to stick my thumbs in there when I try to put a sweatshirt or jacket on over top because it prevents my sleeves from riding up, but after that I unhook. Maybe I just haven’t found the right shirt yet.
Are the sleeves too short so the thumbholes cut into your skin? I have a shirt like that and understand why that would be uncomfortable.
Are the sleeves too short so the thumbholes cut into your skin? I have a shirt like that and understand why that would be uncomfortable. Bummer.
I discovered Kind protein bars. With my gestational diabetes, I need snacks that are high and protein and taste good and the kind protein bars are sooo good. I have tried other protein bars and they are basically inedible but the kind ones taste awesome! Plus one of them has chocolate so it feels like a treat to eat!
That running top is so cute!
Oh, I had KIND bars before.. but not sure if it was their regular bars or the actual protein variety. Will have to check that out again!
That sweater is so cute and looks so dang comfy, I love it.
As for me, a January favorite has been Grace & Frankie. I love that show and I’m sad I already finished the new season, ha.
I’ve never watched that show… what is is about?
My bf took me to a Mexican place he wanted me to try for like ever. They dropped off chips and salsa while you waited (WOULD PREFER THIS OVER BREAD ANY DAY) and I ate it ALL. The waitress came to take the bowl to refill it, I literally said out loud “noooooo” my bf was like “SHES REFILLING IT” my heart hurt lmaoooo!
I’m obsessed with chips and salsa ALL THE TIME.
I’m going to have to try that protein bar, as I have similar feelings regarding the texture of most other brands. Also, I can’t even stomach cliff bars anymore – there’s something in them that my body just does not approve of.
Comments are closed.