In an attempt to move to more natural skincare products, I’ve tried a few things and thought I’d share some (mostly, but not all drugstore) products that I really like right now.
1. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear® 100 % Natural Origin Fakeout™ Mascara I bought this because I had a coupon and since I had tried other Organic Wear products before and I am pretty happy with this. It’s not my holy grail of mascara, but I like it well enough and it’s has a good safety rating by the Environmental Working Group organization. (EWG’s Skin Deep rating: 1)
2. Primal Pit Paste – Ok, this natural deodorant has been a true life changer (at least for me). I’ve been using it for about 9 months now and I love it. I’ve tried the “unscented” and the “ thyme lemongrass” options and while I like the lemon-y scent of the latter, I think I’d next time go with the unscented one again, because it truly never made me smelly.
I had no problem with the fact that you apply this with your fingers, since it comes in a little pot. I think there are also sticks available, but I haven’t personally tried them out and I don’t mind the pot. (EWG’s Skin Deep rating: 0)
3. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser I’ve been using this cleanser for a few months now and what I like about it is that it doesn’t dry out my face, while doing a really good job getting rid of makeup and dirt at the end of the day. Plus, it has a pleasant smell. (EWG’s Skin Deep rating: 3)
4. Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo for Oily Hair I’ve talked about this shampoo in one of my monthly favorites posts a few months ago and I still feel the same way about it. It smells lovely (like anything lemon-y) and tackles the oily roots of my fine hair without drying out the rest of my hair. (EWG’s Skin Deep rating: 3)
5. Burt’s Bees lip shimmer I might have mentioned this one before as well. I am not big into lip colors and balms, but this one treats chapped lips and applies a bit of color at the same time. You can’t go wrong with that. (EWG’s Skin Deep rating: 2)
6. Andalou Naturals Hyaluronic DMAE Lift & Firm Cream I came across this natural skin care line while shopping at our local Co-op and since they had a sale going on at the time, I thought I’d give this brand a try… and I am so glad that I did. The Andalou Naturals products are all vegan and free of GMO’s, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, Sulfates, and other harmful ingredients. This moisturizer feels a bit like ‘whipped cream’, it’s very light and applies well and is absorbed quickly. It doesn’t leave you with a sticky feeling, but just soft, smooth skin. (EWG’s Skin Deep rating: 2)
7. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear CC Cream – I am a big fan of BB or CC creams. I don’t like to slather thick make-up on my skin on a regular basis, but BB/CC creams provide SPF, medium coverage and still feel pretty light. This one is from the organic wear line from Physician’s formula and I think it’s pretty good for the price-point. It’s a little thicker than I would like it to be, but once it’s applied, it feels pretty light and covers well. (Couldn’t find this specific item, but most Physician’s Formula Organic Wear items have a EWG’s Skin Deep rating between 1-3).
One thought on “A few of my favorite (more) natural skin and hair care products”
I’m glad you shared these, because I’ve also been trying to steer to more natural skin care products. I have been using the Andalou skincare line for a bit now and really like it! I have some cleanser and toner and really like both.
Comments are closed.