This week, we started the new 6-week “Must See PZ” Power Zone Pack Challenge with my Streakers365 team. Our team hashtag this time is #savedbythestreak. As a reminder, these challenges are put on by the Power Zone Pack, a cycling community founded in 2017 by Peloton Power Zone enthusiasts. (Don’t know what Power Zone Training is? Check it out.) I’ve been repeatedly participating in their 6-8 week power zone challenges (and mini-challenges in between) since September 2021 as part of a Streakers365 team. It’s a lot of fun. (The graphs further down are from the Power Zone Pack Website. The straight line is the power target line if you keep your output right in the middle of the particular power zone, and the wiggly line is my execution.)
Anyway, I am already sweating – in a double sense of the word, pun intended – how to make it all fit into my workout plan. Some of you reasonable people will probably think now is a good time to tell me that I don’t have to do all the trackers (I KNOW!) and that it would be absolutely okay for me to back off from a few things (AGAIN, I KNOW!) and that I am putting too much pressure on myself (YOU MIGHT BE CORRECT), but I also want to tell you: I am doing this for fun, and I promise I don’t take these trackers as seriously as it might seem. If I can’t make it all fit, it’s not the end of the world. (No seriously, it’s not. And I am not kidding myself, nobody but me cares about these trackers anyway. I am fully aware of that, so not really trying to prove anything to anybody.)
- 10 Min Core Strength – Andy (5/3/23) — Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Bootcamp: Upper Body – Jess S (11/3/23) — Bootcamp Burner/PZ W1AR
- 10 Min Arms & Light Weights – Denis (10/10/23) — I am thankful A-Z/Lift the Turkey
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Denis (3/30/21) — PZ W1R1
- 10 Min Classic Rock Barre – Ally (7/26/23) — NovemBARRE/Personal Streak
I started the “Must See PZ” Power Zone Challenge with Tanja today. I also counted the 30-minute boot camp as my “accelerator” class.
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Mariana (3/10/22) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Arms & Shoulders Strength – Ben (10/16/23) — Lift the Turkey
- 15 Min Core Strength – Adrian (5/7/22) — I am thankful A-Z/Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min 80s Ride – Jenn (5/26/22) — Instructor Bingo
- Extra 10: Low Impact Ride – Charlotte (9/25/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Bradley (10/10/23) — Thank Your Body
I made today mostly a strength day and made sure that every class checked off a box on my trackers. I contemplated running, but it was on the chilly side this morning and I just didn’t want to leave the house, so I hopped into a 15-minute 80s Ride for a little cardio burst.
- 10 Min Hip Hop Barre – Ally (11/8/23) LIVE – NovemBARRE
- 30 Min Ludacris Bootcamp – Tunde (10/26/23) — I am thankful A-Z/Bootcamp Burner/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Tunde (9/15/23)
- 10 Min Arms & Light Weights – Sam (1/29/23) — Lift the Turkey
- 30 Min Power Zone Ride – Denis (10/24/23) — PZ-W1R2
- 10 Min Cool Down Ride – Matt (10/11/23)
This morning I celebrated Melissa’s milestone in Ally’s Barre class, then hopped into a boot camp with Melissa, Sherry, and Lindsay and later tackled week 1, ride 2 of the PZ challenge with Tanja. That one was sweaty and the graph looks neater than the ride felt. Haha.
- 15 Min Core Strength – Matty (2/15/21) — Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min R&B Pilates – Anna (11/9/23)
- 30 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Aditi (9/25/23) — I am thankful A-Z/Personal Streak/Thank Your Body/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Chest & Back Strength – Jess S (4/29/22) — Lift the Turkey
- 20 Min 80s Walk – Jon (9/21/23) — Instructor Bingo
- Extra 10: Walk – Joslyn (9/25/23)– Instructor Bingo
I had planned a low-cardio day for today and focused on strength training and yoga in the morning. Since it was my office day, I used my lunch break for a nice outdoor walk along the river (and checked off some instructor bingo squares in the process).
- 20 Min Disco Pilates – Kristin (8/10/23) — LIVE/I am thankful A-Z/Streakers365 Swarm Class
- Flash 15 – Jess S (10/27/23
- 30 Min 90s Run – Hannah F (9/30/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 15 Min Beginner Run – Rebecca (1/12/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Alex T (10/24/23)
- 30 Min 2000s Ride – Emma (11/10/23) — LIVE/Streakers365 Swarm Ride
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Hannah F (11/3/23)
Today was the beginning of the Streakers365 3-year Swarm Anniversary Weekend. 4 days of celebrating the existence of our awesome Streakers365 community. The admins organized multiple “swarm events” (LIVE and on-demand classes to be taken at a specific time, so many Streakers could work out together) and of course, I put a few of the classes on my workout schedule for the weekend, starting with Kristin’s LIVE Disco Pilates class this morning. I then opted for a 45-minute run (because I hadn’t run all week), just in time to return for another swarm ride with Emma’s 2000s Ride.
- 5 Min Warm-Up Ride – Erik (10/25/23)
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance 80s Ride – Ben (10/28/21) — PZ-W1R3
- 10 Min EDM Barre: Lower Body – Ally (10/4/23) — Streakers365 Swarm Class
- 30 Min Bootcamp: Core – Cody (3/29/21) — Bootcamp Burner/Streakers365 Swarm Class/Milestone (25)
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Adrian (10/1/23) — Streakers365 Swarm Class
- 20 Min Veterans Day Yoga Flow – Chelsea (11/11/23) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Flow & Let Go Meditation – Aditi (11/2/23) — Thank Your Body
Saturday morning I tackled week 1, ride 3 of the PZ challenge with Tanja. It was a 45-minute 80s endurance ride and my legs felt surprisingly fresh. Must have been due to a very good night’s sleep (as I had fallen asleep on the couch on Friday night and had gotten a headstart – haha).
After the PZ ride, I stacked three of the Streakers365 swarm classes – barre, boot camp, and stretching. It was so awesome to see so many friends on the LB. I also celebrated a milestone – my 25th boot camp class. I know, I am bootcamp newbie but I am really enjoying fitting them into my training plan more often. I ended my workout stack with a Veteran’s Day yoga flow and a meditation.
- 5 Min Core Strength – Rebecca (12/5/22) — Planksgiving
- 10 Min Core Strength – Olivia (11/8/23) — Planksgiving/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Barre: Upper Body – Hannah C (7/19/22) — I am thankful A-Z/NovemBARRE/Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Upper Body Stretch – Callie (11/7/23) — Thank Your Body
- 30 Min 90s Yoga Flow – Kristin (10/27/23) — Personal Streak/Streakers365 Swarm Class
- 30 Min 70s Walk – Susie (10/21/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min 80s Walk – Susie (7/25/23)
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Ross (10/3/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 20 Min Restorative Yoga – Denis (2/15/21)
- 10 Min Acceptance Meditation – Kristin (9/23/20)
I slept in a little bit and then did a bit of core and upper body work before I joined another Streakers365 swarm class – a 30-minute 90s yoga flow. The playlist was excellent – mostly “Alternative” songs with one Britney Spears song in the mix. I went for a walk with Jon in the afternoon and then finished the day with a little bit more yoga and meditation.
Current Challenges + Trackers:
Streaker365 I am Thankful A-Z ✔
Streaker365 Core Planksgiving ✔
Streaker365 NovemBarre ✔
Streaker365 Bootcamp Burner ✔
Streaker365 Lift the Turkey Strength Tracker ✔
Streaker365 Thank Your Body Recovery Tracker ✔
Streaker365 November Personal Streak (Daily Yoga/Barre/Pilates) ✔
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo (weekly) – 6 bingos
My tracker list gets longer and longer – haha – but I enjoy the variety of classes.
This week’s stats:
Running: 4.7 mi
Walking: 4.7 min
Cycling: 53.1 mi
Bootcamp: 90 min
Strength: 120 min
Yoga/Pilates/Barre: 195 min
Warm up + Stretching: 45 min
Meditation: 20 min
How was your week? Did you get outside for a run?