This weekend, we went down to Southern California to visit my mother-in-law, so I had to rearrange my normal workout routine a little bit during the week. But I didn’t mind, sometimes it’s nice to do things a little differently. I made sure to plan workouts for my trackers and I also hit another Peloton milestone.
I finished Week 6 of the Power Zone Pack “Power Zone University: Class of 2023” Challenge this week. Since I was traveling over the weekend, I had to get all the rides out of the way before Friday and I saved up my runs for the time that we were away. It was a nice change of scenery for me. I usually run through our neighborhood, around parks, and along the river, but this week I got to run by the ocean. I know – you should be jealous, well, unless you live by the ocean and have this privilege all the time ;)
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Bradley (6/19/23)
- 20 Min Tabata Ride – Bradley (10/5/23) — Pick Your Poison/Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Barre: Core – Hannah C (10/16/23) LIVE — Core Halloween Party/Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Boot camp: Upper Body – Callie (6/4/23) — Boo-tcamp Tracker/PZU-W6AR
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Adrian (4/28/21) — Spooktacular Stretch
- 20 Min Yoga Flow – Nico (10/16/23) LIVE — 400th yoga class/Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
I started my day with a Tabata ride for the Pick Your Poison tracker and was then scheduled for Barre and Bootcamp with Sherry, Kristin, and Melissa. So good to see them on the Leaderboard.
I also celebrated another milestone today – 400 yoga classes. I jumped into Nico’s LIVE class last minute this morning and realized that the odds for a shoutout were high because German classes usually have fewer participants. And sure enough, I got lucky: got a sweet shoutout from Nico at the end! :) Made my day! (And she even reposted my story on IG!)
- 20 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Ross (8/9/23) — Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Olivia (7/13/23) — PZU-W6R3
- Extra 10: Low Impact – Cody (10/16/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Ben (8/11/23)
I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I was tired even though I went to bed at a normal time. We all have these days, right? I decided to pivot a little bit. I tried to wake myself up with a morning yoga flow and then decided to do the 30-minute Power Zone Endurance Ride for the PZ Challenge, instead of the 45-minute class I had originally planned.
- 15 Min Pilates – Kristin (12/18/20) — Core Halloween Party/Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Denis (9/12/23) — PZU-W6R1/Instructor Bingo
- Extra 10: Low Impact – Erik (5/8/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Matty (9/24/23)
Luckily, I had a much better night’s rest than the night before and after warming up in Kristin’s Pilates class, I felt warmed up and ready to check off the 45-minute power zone endurance ride for the PZ Challenge. Sherry joined me for Pilates and then also jumped into my low-impact cool-down ride. That was nice.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Becs (10/16/23)
- 30 Min Endurance Run – Camila (4/24/23) — PZU-W6R2
- 10 Min Focus Flow: Core – Anna (7/29/21) — Core Halloween Party/Personal Streak/Instructor Bingo
We traveled to SoCal today to visit my mother-in-law for the weekend. I didn’t have much time, but I did get a run for the PZ Challenge done in the morning and triple-dipped for the core tracker, personal streak, and instructor bingo with Anna’s focus flow. I call this strategically planned :)
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Becs (10/16/23)
- 30 Min 90s Run – Matt (10/19/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Post-Run Stretch – Becs (10/4/23)
- 5 Min Savasana – Kirra (3/4/22) — Personal Streak
- 5 Min Sleep Meditation – Kristin (8/23/23) — Spooktacular Stretch
I went for a 30-minute run through the neighborhood in the morning and chose two very short classes at night to knock out a couple of classes for my trackers. Hey, sometimes, even the 5-minute classes count for something.
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm Up – Camila (10/9/23)
- 45 Min Endurance Run – Matt (3/15/23) — PZU-W6R4
- 20 Min 80s Walk – Jermaine (10/16/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 10 Min Savasana – Kirra (9/23/21) — Personal Streak
This morning, I drove to the beach to finish the last class for the PZ Challenge, a 45-minute run with Matt. I had been planning – and looking forward to – this the whole week. It’s just so nice to run in a different environment. I added a 20-minute cool-down walk just for the heck of it. I love being by the ocean!
- 10 Min Morning Yoga Flow – Chelsea (8/2/23)
- Extra 10: Walk – Logan (2/13/23) — Instructor Bingo
- 5 Min Peak Performance Meditation – Ross (8/10/22) — Spooktacular Stretch
Today was an active rest day. I started with a yoga flow in the morning, and I got a short walk and a meditation done. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with family.
Current Challenges + Trackers:
Streaker365 Pick Your Poison ✔
Streaker365 Spooktacular Stretch ✔
Streaker365 Core Halloween Party ✔
Streaker365 OctoberPersonal Streak (Daily Yoga/Pilates) ✔
Streaker365 Boo-tcamp Tracker ✔
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo (weekly) – 2 bingos
This week’s stats:
Running: 11.4 mi
Walking: 2 mi
Cycling: 34.8 mi
Boot Camp: 30 min
Strength: 10 min
Yoga/Pilates: 90 min
Warm up + Stretching: 50 min
Meditation: 10 min
I hope you had a great week! Did you have a normal week or did you also have to pivot?
Spooktacular Stretch = Streakers365 Recovery Tracker
Core Halloween Party = Core Tracker
Pelotrak Instructor Bingo