I am back – reunited with my Peloton bike. This week was all about getting back to the grind and back into my regular workout routine. While vacations are always great and switching up the ways you exercise can be beneficial sometimes, I know there’s also always a transition back to what I usually do. But I try to have a very flexible approach when I travel.
- 45 Min Country Pop Walk – Selena (3/31/23)
- 20 Min Power Walk – Joslyn (3/31/23)
It was my first day back and with jetlag and all, I took it easy and opted for a 5k walk with Jon in the afternoon.
- 10 Min Upper Body Stretch – Logan (2/28/23) — Spring into Self Care
- 10 Min Warm up Ride – Bradley (2/14/23)
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Olivia (8/8/21)
- 5 Min Cool Down Ride – Bradley (4/6/23)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Bradley (4/6/23) — Spring into Self Care
Oof. This was hard. Power Zone Endurance rides are usually my jam, but coming back to the bike after almost three weeks was harder than expected after a lot more low-key hiking/walking when I was in Germany. I was able to hold my zones, but this ride got my heart rate up much higher than usual. I am sure jetlag played a role in that too.
- 20 Min Focus Flow: Forward Folds – Denis (12/22/21) — Spring into Self Care
- 15 Min 90’s Ride – Bradley (3/21/23)
- 5 Min AFO Post-Ride Stretch – Kendall (8/19/22) — Spring into Self Care
- 15 Min Focus Flow: Quads – Denis (1/28/22) — Spring into Self Care
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Erik (7/28/22)
- Extra 10: Low Impact Ride – Bradley (3/30/23)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Andy (11/30/22) — Spring into Self Care
- 10 Min Breathing Meditation – Kristin (3/14/23) — Spring into Self Care
I decided to do another Power Zone Endurance ride before attempting anything more demanding and I was happy to see that this ride was much better. Not heart rate zone 5 – ha!
- 10 Min Focus Flow: For Runners – Mariana (3/14/23)
- 30 Min Recovery Run – Susie (4/14/23)
- 10 Min Cool down Run – Susie (2/3/23)
- 10 Min Post-Run Stretch – Susie (12/7/22)
- 5 Min Core Stretch – Emma (1/7/22) — Spring into Self Care
I also didn’t run for almost three weeks and decided to go for a short run to test out my legs. Yup, I am happy to report: they still work.
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride – Ben (10/2/22)
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Ben (4/10/23)
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Ben (4/27/23)
- 45 Min Pop Walk – Rebecca (8/5/22)
- 20 Min Rock Walk – Selena (3/3/23)
- 22 Min Just Ride Outdoors
I opted for another Power Zone Endurance ride in the morning and then I walked to our local neighborhood bike shop, got my outdoor bike tuned up, and went for a short bike ride around the neighborhood in the afternoon.
- 28 Min Just Ride Outdoors
- 45 Min Pop Walk – Matty (6/3/22)
- 15 Min Evening Stretch – Matty (3/16/23) — Spring into Self Care
- 5 Min Meditation for Healing – Ross (2/3/23) — Spring into Self Care
I went for another short outdoor bike ride and then went walking again with Jon. I also finished up the last couple of classes for my Streakers365 challenge.
I finished the Spring into Self Care Challenge this week just in time to start picking out new challenges for May! I hope to be a bit more organized next month.
This week’s stats:
Running: 4 mi
Walking: 7.5 mi
Cycling: 55 mi
Yoga: 45 min
Warm up + Stretching: 80 min
Meditation: 15 min
How was your week?