I am currently in Germany, spending quality time with my family. Even though my workout routine was nothing like it usually is, I was able to complete classes for my two on-going Streakers365 Challenges this week and stay active with my family.
This week, I went hiking in the Eifel and the Teutoburg Forest, I walked a few times with my mom (who is an avid walker!), and for the first time in a long time, I picked up my tennis racket. I used to play tennis regularly before I moved to the US (my Dad used to be a tennis trainer and my sister and I grew up playing) and I miss it. It’s really been a fun week!
- 20 Min EDM Walk – Adrian (12/6/21)
- 3:20 hrs Just Walk Outdoor
- 5 Min AFO Post-Run Stretch: Alanis Morissette – Tobias (8/19/22) — Dancing in the Rain Challenge
I went hiking with my family in the Eifel, a low mountain range in Western Germany and eastern Belgium.
- 20 Min Hip Hop Walk – Adrian (12/9/22) — Dancing in the Rain Challenge
- 80 Min Just Walk Outdoor
- 46 Min Just Walk Outdoor
In the morning, I went walking with my mom and her friend and in the afternoon, my sister and I walked her neighbor’s dog.
- 10 Min Energizing Meditation – Aditi (2/27/23) — Spring into Self Care
I started my morning with some meditation, because I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time for workouts. My mom, sister and I went on a little overnight trip to visit a family friend in the Teutoburg Forest area.
- 30 Min 2010’s Walk – Olivia (1/14/22) — Dancing in the Rain Challenge
- 1:14 hrs Just Walk Outdoor
- 10 Min Yoga Flow – Anna (1/9/21) — Spring into Self Care
- 30 Min R&B Walk – Rebecca (10/15/21) — Dancing in the Rain Challenge
- 2:21 hrs Just Walk Outdoors
I started my day off with some morning yoga and then went walking again with my mom. She knows so many great walking routes around my hometown. It was a beautiful day!
- 10 Min Sleep Meditation
I spent the whole day hanging out with my family. I didn’t record a walking activity, although I almost walked 10k steps, so I earned my blue dot (Peloton streak) with a sleep meditation.
- 1:26 hrs Just Cardio (Tennis)
I got to play tennis again for the first time in years! I used to play regularly and miss playing in a team. I am so glad my Dad asked if I wanted to go and hit some balls again. My sister, niece and nephew came along too. I was worried that I wouldn’t know how to play anymore, but I think I did ok. I just need to practice again.
I am almost finished with the Dancing in the Rain Challenge and I am chipping away at the Spring into Self Care Challenge. I love that these challenges do keep me engaged, even if it’s only short sessions. I am just doing what I can right now.
This week’s stats:
Walking: 19 miles
Yoga: 10 min
Meditation: 20 min
Tennis: 86 min
I had a great week, I hope yours was good, too!