This week was back to a regular week of training. I didn’t have anything on my calendar except for the last week (week 8) of the Power Zone Challenge. Now I am “free” for a little while. I am hoping to pick some fun rides and runs from my always-growing bookmark list. I usually like to sign up for challenges because they help me plan out my workouts for the week, but sometimes I also enjoy just randomly picking workouts that I feel like doing just for fun. How about you?
- 30 Min Full Body Strength – Andy (7/20/21) — GZ Strength W7C3
- 30 Min Intervals Run – Adrian (5/19/20) — PZ W7C2
- 20 Min Reggaeton Ride – Camila (6/18/22) — Clover Hunt
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Camila (3/19/22)
I still had to finish up week 7 (which was last week) of the Power Zone + Strength Challenge (luckily, we have until Monday night to do so and still get credit) and I also had to fit in a Clover Hunt class. So these were my priorities for the start of my week. It continues to be quite cold here in Northern California, it was 38F when I left the house for my 30 min run.
- 10 Min Full Body Strength Warm up – Jess S (2/15/23)
- 20 Min Upper Body Strength – JJ (6/14/22) — GZ Strength W8C1 + Clover Hunt
- 10 Min Core Strength – Callie (11/27/21) — GZ Strength W8AR1
- 30 Min Power Zone Endurance 2000’s Ride – Denis (4/20/21) — PZ W8C3
- 5 Min Six: the Musical Cool Down Ride – Sam (1/24/23)
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Matty (3/6/23)
I moved on to the last week of the Power Zone Challenge and got my first Power Zone Endurance ride and some strength classes out of the way.
- 5 Min Warm Up Ride – Cliff (2/13/23)
- 15 Min Afrobeats Ride – Cliff (4/27/22) — Clover Hunt
- 30 Min Full Body Strength – Matty (11/13/22) — GZ Strength W8C3
- 5 Min Full Body Stretch – Matty (5/4/22)
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm up – Robyn (8/3/22)
- 45 Min Endurance Run – Marcel D (1/30/22) — PZ W8C4
- 10 Min Core Strength – Rad (8/29/21) — GZ Strength W8AR2
- 5 KM Scotland Glencoe Ride — Clover Hunt
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch – Ben (12/11/22)
- 30 Min Yoga Flow – Denis (3/10/23)
- 5 Min Pre-Ride Warm up Ride – Bradley (4/10/21)
- 20 Min Pop Punk Ride – Bradley (3/10/23)
- 15 Min 80’s Pop Ride – Bradley (3/10/23)
- 10 Min API Heritage Meditation – Aditi (5/7/22) — Clover Hunt
This was my birthday! I usually go for a morning run on my birthday, but because California was going to be hit by yet another atmospheric river, I opted to celebrate on the bike and a bunch of my Streakers 365 friends joined me for Bradley’s Pop Punk Ride. How fun!
- 5 Min Pre-Run Warm up – Susie (12/20/21)
- 30 Min Recovery Run – Susie (4/4/22) — PZ W8C2
- 10 Min Core Strength – Andy (4/5/22) — GZ Strength W8AR3
- 20 Min Glutes & Legs Strength – Jess S (1/15/21) — GZ Strength W8C1
- 10 Min Full Body Stretch – Ben (1/11/23)
I finished up the Groovy Zones Strength Challenge and found a break in the rain to squeeze in my last 30 min run for the PZ Challenge. It was supposed to be a recovery run, but my legs wanted to get back home – where it’s warm and dry – and decided to make a progression run out of it. Oh well, sometimes you gotta let your legs do what they want to do. Ha.
- 10 Min Warm Up Ride
- 45 Min Power Zone Endurance Ride – Matt (12/21/22) — PZ W8C1
- 5 Min Post-Ride Stretch
I finished up the Groovy Zones Power Zone Challenge. I cannot believe how fast 8 weeks went by again. It’s such a fantastic way to keep up with your fitness regime. Because of some personal scheduling issues, I am not sure yet if I can join the next challenge, but if you want to check it out, the Lights, Camers, Power Zones Challenge starts on April, 10.
The awesome new workout shirt was a birthday gift from Tanja.
I am almost done with the All Around the World Clover Hunt challenge. I have until the 20th, but only have three more classes left to complete!
This week’s stats:
Running: 12 mi
Cycling: 55.4 mi
Strength: 130 min
Yoga: 30 min
Warm up + Stretching: 75 min
Meditation: 10 min
How was your week? How’s the running weather where you are?
Abbreviations:*GZ Strength = Groovy Zones Strength Challenge
PZ = Groovy Zones Power Zone Challenge
W3C1 = Week 3, Class 1
W3AR1 = Week 3 Accelerator Class 1