1. Yes, it’s finally back for the holidays. I fell in love with Trader Joe’s Gingerbread Coffee a couple of years ago. It’s only around for the holidays and I am so excited to be able to have it again for the next few weeks! I might have to stock up a can or two for the new year!
2. I found this supercute Penny Black stamp this month and had to have it. I mean, come on, a hedgehog pulling a cupcake! Isn’t that the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?
3. I can’t believe I am saying this, but J and I have been quite addicted to this new show on TLC, “Extreme Cheapskates”. I mean, it’s shocking and horrifying and fascinating at the same time. I wonder why people live like that. Some of the documented behavior is bizarre, some is just plain rude and/or wrong.. I am all for managing your money and frugality has its place, but this is …. yeah, extreme.
4. I got this supercute Gelaskins iPhone skin and just love it.
5. I’ve always been a fan of Semonlina Flour, but have recently discovered it as a substitute for oatmeal (which I am not a big fan of.) Semolina is very high in protein and is said to have a low glycemic index, meaning that it is digested and absorbed at a slower rate in the stomach and intestines than white flour. The major nutrients found in semolina are very high in complex carbohydrates, high in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and fibre, with some iron, zinc, manganese and copper. It is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium, and contains zero trans fatty acids. It is high in vitamin E and contains a fair amount of the B complex vitamins (especially folic acid). Sure, it’s still a processed flour and should be used in moderation, but the occasional breakfast porridge seems to be quite the good idea.
6. I’ve been using Organix Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil for a while now and I have to say that I really, really like it. I am kind of trying to grow my hair out longer and by using this keratin oil, I am hoping to make it stronger and more resistent to breakage. It definitely makes my hair soft and shiny, which I like as a bonus. Plus, it smells heavenly. Besides these obvious advantages, it belongs to an organic product line that is packaged in eco-friendly bottles and the labels are printed utilizing environmentally friendly inks and compostable label film made from an annually renewable resource corn, not from petrochemicals. The products are not tested on animals and contain exotic active ingredients, use a unique blend of sulfate free surfactants. All good things in my book.