I am doing NaBloPoMo this month. 30 blog posts in 30 days. Come join me. #nablopomo2023
Hello and welcome to the 8th annual Secret SANta Swap 2023.
First things first, and credit where credit is due. The slight “name change” of my annual holiday swap is courtesy of Jenny, who pointed out that I should just call it the “Secret SANta Swap”… and OMG, why did I never realize that? My name is in the name! Brilliant!
Secondly, I’d like to say thank you for all your enthusiasm and your feedback! I started this holiday swap a few years ago as a “mug swap”, but I’ve taken your suggestions and have loosened up the rules for this gift exchange. While I – a self-identifying mug addict – will always be excited to receive a new mug, I am giving people the option this time to opt out of a “mug” if they prefer to receive a “favorite thing” from their swap partner. It could still be a mug (just sayin’), but it could also be something else and I am kinda curious and excited to see what people swap this year. The main objective is to put a smile on someone else’s face this holiday season.
As in previous years, the swap is set up in ‘secret Santa’-style, which means you won’t know upfront who the sender of your package will be. Of course, you can reveal yourself to your assigned partner, if you’d like, when you send out your package. In the sign-up form, I will ask you to give your Secret Santa a little bit of help by answering a few basic questions and sharing your blog/social media account so they can get to know you a little (in case they don’t already). I have a feeling that many participants might already belong to our little blogging community and have gotten to know each other quite a bit.
As in previous years, the swap will be open to people in the United States, Canada, and Germany with the goal of having at least two people per country that I can match with each other in order to avoid international shipping charges and delays. I apologize to any other international readers that I cannot accommodate at this time. Hopefully, we’ll find enough people this year to make this work again.
So, go and invite your friends.
How to participate
- Sign up to participate (see link below). Sign-up closes on November 22nd.
- I’ll send out an email on November, 24th to each participant. You’ll receive a name + address, plus some information about your swap partner.
- You then have roughly two weeks to put together a little surprise holiday package for your Secret SANta Swap participant. My suggestion is to spend around $10-15 (plus postage) or whatever you’re comfortable with.
- Please send out your package by Saturday, December 9th (to allow plenty of time for delivery). Hopefully, that will give you enough time to shop and get the package on its way. I am hoping that everybody receives their package before Christmas.
- The swap is open to US residents and participants in Germany and Canada (if I can get at least two people per country to sign up.
- Last but not least, I’d love it if you shared your Secret Santa gift(s) with us on your blog or Instagram with the hashtag: #SecretSANtaSwap2023. As always, I am hoping to put together a swap recap post after everybody has received their gifts!
So, if all that sounds good to you and if you’re interested in participating this year, please sign up through this link:
Please remember: if you sign up, you’re expected to purchase (a) gift(s) and send a package to your Secret Santa partner by December, 9th. If you can’t commit to this deadline, please be fair to the other participants and maybe consider signing up another time.
I hope you join in a little bit of holiday fun!
And please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions!