We’re solidly in the second half of this year (how?!) and I thought I’d do a little halfway check-in to see where I am with my
goals list of things I want to do in 2023.
- Complete (another) 365 Peloton Streak. In Progress. I will admit that it doesn’t feel like much of an effort now. I am in a solid routine with my daily workouts, but hey, it’s a measurable goal nonetheless.
- Complete the virtual Route 66 Challenge. In Progress. Tanja and I signed up for another Conqueror Challenge this year and this time we’re virtually running, walking, and biking the 2,280 mi (3,669km) of the iconic Route 66. I am currently 72% done with roughly 650 mi (1,045km) left.
- Buy a bed frame. Not done. I’ve been thinking about it though. Does that count? My “biggest” problem is, we have a Tempurpedic mattress with a boxspring. Most newer bedframes don’t require a boxspring anymore, and the frames that do are these stupid metal frames, one of which I threw out when we moved because I hated it (and hit my foot on it a few times). So, what to do? Get rid of the boxspring? Put the boxspring on top of a platform bed? (This conundrum is mainly why I haven’t gotten any further with this goal.)
- Finish my summer travel recaps. In progress. You’ve seen a few recaps posts show up on this blog recently.
- Get my hair done professionally. Not done yet. I need to find a new salon and it’s not my highest priority to figure out where to go right now.
- Finish the Outlander (Book) Series. In progress. I started book #7 (An Echo in the Bone) last week. Do you know what I really appreciate about Diana Gabaldon’s books? There are so many tangents in her storytelling, so many details beyond the story of the main characters, but she never leaves any loose ends (one of my biggest pet peeves with books!), she eventually ties them all up and I am a fan.
- Travel home for Christmas. Obviously not done yet and no tangible plans made yet. We’ll see if this happens.
- Complete Project 365 on Instagram. In progress. I have posted a picture every day so far, and it’s been a nice exercise in going back to documenting my daily life with a picture. I still feel hot and cold most of the time when it comes to stories/reels, so this goal has felt like a bit of a rebel thing to do.
- Advocate for myself better. In progress. You might remember that I mentioned here and there that I have been standing up for myself at work. It still is hard for me to do, but I am trying to ‘practice’ when and where I can.
Overall, I am pretty happy with where I am at. I sometimes tend to put things on a list and then promptly forget about them, but it seems like I made a somewhat achievable list for 2023.
How’s your year going? Are you happy with the goals that you’ve already checked off your list?