Things I did this weekend:
• We watched “Real Time” with Bill Maher on Friday. This show alone pretty much justifies our cable subscription. It’s my favorite thing to watch on Friday nights.
• I went to the gym not once, but twice. Yay! One of those times, I saw a girl working out with a scrunchie and a disc-man. Ha, so 90’s.
• I wrote some birthday cards, sorted and filed bills, and cleaned up our dining room. (I have a tendency to pile all papers that arrive during the week on our dining table and I know it’s a bad habit. I need to find a dedicated place for new bills/mailings.)
• I had a long phone talk with my sister on Friday morning. Often when we talk, I forget that she’s 6000 miles away. Talks with my sister are the best. Just sayin’.
• I studied for the civics test for my Citizenship Interview.
• I went out to a (very) late brunch with J on Sunday. Sunday brunches are my favorite. Last week I went to brunch with Katherine (hooray!) and if anyone wants to volunteer for brunch next week, I am in!
• I took a Sunday afternoon nap, and I think I could get used to that.
Things I did not do:
• I didn’t see the Hunger Games, like
all many of you did. My Twitter feeds were crammed with Hunger Games updates.
• I didn’t send off my taxes (as I had planned to do), mainly because I currently don’t have a printer at home and I couldn’t print anything for my records. Duh.
• I didn’t participate in the #twookclub chat this month, because I didn’t read the book “Extremely loud and incredibly close” by Jonathan Safran Foer. I had once before started the book and put it down half way through because I couldn’t get into it at all. While I usually try to finish pretty much any book that I start, it wasn’t worth it for me to force myself through a book that I didn’t enjoy.
Other good things this weekend:
sleeping in ♥ a phone talk with a dear friend ♥ tea ♥ warm, fresh bread ♥ Draw Something ♥ Real Simple magazine ♥ blue skies ♥ oven fries ♥ a new sports bra (sorry if that’s TMI) ♥
How was your weekend, peeps?