Last week, the lovely Holly from Scattered Words awarded my blog with the “The Honest Scrap Award” . We’ve only “known” each other through our blogs for a short while, but I really appreciate that she passed this on to me.
The rules of acceptance?
I’m supposed to list 10 things that you may find interesting about me and then nominate 7 other bloggers to do the same. Don’t we all love to learn some odd and random things about each other?
Here we go…
- I am an eternal optimist. I prefer to see the good things in people rather than their weaknesses and I’ll always try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt (and I usually only change my mind if somebody continuously tries really hard to prove to me that (s)he’s not worth my trust and efforts). I have always been this way and sometimes I am not sure if this is a good thing. Overall though, I’d much rather be open and kind to people, then push them away from me, so I continue to be the way that I’ve always been.
- I’ve only dated two men in my life (and married one of them). I think that puts me in a very rare category these days, yes?
- I am a very organized person. If I am looking for something, I usually have a 98% chance of finding what I am looking for in less than 5 minutes. That does not mean that my home is free of clutter. Considering the size of our apartment, clutter is pretty much unavoidable, but you know the saying “Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos”. I also love making lists. And the crossing-stuff-off of lists. It gives me some kind of accomplishment. I also tend to multitask. It just comes naturally.
- I have freckles. They usually only come out during the summer. I kind of like them. I also have moles beauty spots on my face (and the rest of my body). They don’t fade in the winter. I am stuck with those all year.
- I am an over-thinker. If you can bet on one thing, then it’s the fact that I completely over-think everything. Small things, big things, you name it. I have a tendency to think so long and hard about things that I completely question myself after a while. Sometimes I wish my brain would just STFU.
- I couldn’t eat liver if my life depended on it (but I do like love liverwurst!). Mmh, that must strike you as odd. I can’t quite explain it myself, but that’s the way it is.
- My favorite color (right now) is teal. I am not a big fan of the primary colors, but every mix of them (mostly with white, which would make them pastel colors) is super-pretty in my opinion.
- I hate vacuuming with a passion. If I could completely eliminate one household chore, it would be that. I don’t even know exactly why I hate it so much, but I’d rater mop the floors than use a vacuum cleaner.
- I am somewhat obsessed with typing. I mean, the actual act of typing. I learned touch typing in college (and I am so glad I put in the effort!) and I am kind of obsessed with it. I don’t know, it makes me feel good. It’s hard to explain, really.
- I am a very patient person. I think that is part of the reason why I would have become a pretty good teacher (if I had chosen to do so). I did a lot of tutoring when I was in College and one thing that all students agreed on was the fact that I had an unlimited amount of patience for each and every one of them. I also was a skiing instructor on school skiing trips for a while and I practically begged to get the group with the “least” talented kids, because I knew I would take pride in being patient and slowly teaching them the basics.
And now, it’s your turn… yes, YOURS.
I don’t want to nominate anybody, because I don’t want you to feel obligated to play, but everyone is encouraged to play along. I am sure you have ten little secrets about yourself that you’re dying to share with us!