My birthday is coming up in, oh, just a few weeks, and since I kinda love wish lists, I thought I’d put one together for my upcoming birth-aversary. Not that I am expecting you – or anyone – to buy me anything and most of these things I could probably, easily buy for myself (and maybe I will), but I just love to put this together for fun. I have noticed that the older I get, the more practical or workout-related items make it on my wish list. I am guessing that is a good thing.
As a list maker, I have a bunch of bookmarked items that I’ve come across (or that I’ve searched for) at one point or another. As a not really frivolous spender, I keep these items bookmarked as I contemplate the necessity of actually purchasing them. I am sure many of you do the same, amirite?
Anyway, wish lists are fun, so here’s one.
1. I am having my eye on a (smaller) Dutch Oven*. I have a bigger pot and I use it for *everything*. A smaller one would really work great for my bread-baking.
2. A mantra-running shirt, like this one*. I take great delight in the fun shirts with mantras that are out there and used to tell people at the gym that I love their shirts, if they said something funny, amusing, or clever. (Not happening that often lately what with no longer being a gym membership.) Definitely puts a smile on my face.
3. I haven’t really been using cycling shorts on the Peloton (although I know some people find the seat uncomfortable), but the only time I actually felt my butt was after the PeloFondo in January after a total of almost 6 hours on the bike and I think these Beroy Women’s Cycling Shorts* would come handy for the next long-distance challenge.
4. I have a chest-strap hard monitor, but I don’t know how people keep that in place (other than tugging this under their sports bra, which works alright, but has also led to some chafing from time to time.). This CooSpo Armband Heart Rate Monitor* seems like a nice alternative.
5. Do people still use lanyards? I do – or I will again – esp. when I go back to the office. This Threads Wallets Lanyard* is pretty. (Have you noticed a color scheme among my wish list items?)
6. My Birkenstock house sandals are slowly but surely falling apart (and I think they’re beyond repair), so I’ve been looking around for a replacement. While I could just go ahead and get the same Arizona sandals again (they’ve held up quite well for many years), I’ve also heard great things about these Birkenstock dupes* form Cushionaire and I might just give them a try.
7. I have mentioned that I need to replace my running shoes and I’ve fallen in love with these new Brooks Levitate StealthFit 5* running shoes. Isn’t that color scheme pretty? (Yeah, yeah, it’s not about if they’re pretty or not, but I’ve been running the Levitates for a few years and I know that they work for me and I love the fit.)
8. Somebody in my Peloton Streakers Group talked about this Headphone + Phone Holder* for the Peloton and that would be awesome to have (so I’d have a save place and don’t always drop my phone or headphone case, ha.)
9. In anticipation of returning to the office, this would be handy to take along: Oxo Pour Over Coffee Mug* + coffee sock filters*. I might not have my own office anymore if I decide to only come in part-time and this would be a nice “portable” set to make my own fresh coffee at the office.
10. I love this Baleaf Long Sleeved workout jacket*. It has a thumbholes AND watch window – what more could you want from a running jacket?
Do you make just-for-fun wishlists for your birthday? And if not, why not?
* #notanad, This is not a sponsored post. I have not been compensated by the brand or anyone else for linking the websites.*