How about another round of pet peeves, friends? I always like to share the things that drive me up the wall, haha, and I always like to hear what other people find really hard to understand or endure.
1. Non-voters. I just read that the midterm elections had a record voter turnout of 49.2%. ONLY 42.9% – that’s not even half of all eligible voters. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
2. People who don’t help to bag groceries when there are lines at the checkout (or even when there are no lines). They stand there with their arms crossed watching the poor clerk try to ring up and bag up the groceries while not lifting a finger. I want to know, what’s your deal?
3. Along the same line, grocery baggers that don’t know how to bag groceries. I usually have a pretty good system down when it comes to bagging my groceries and it’s hard to watch people, that should be trained for this job, bag very inefficiently. They pile the heaviest things in the biggest bags, they put the eggs on the bottom of your shopping bag, or they don’t maximize the space but just throw stuff into the bag. I use more of a tetris-kinda approach.
4. People who don’t make eye contact when they talk to you. I know some people are just shy or socially awkward, but it’s so hard to keep a conversation when they’re not looking at you. Alternatively, there are some people who don’t break eye-contact at all when they talk to you and that can be equally awkward.
5. Drivers that don’t stop at stop signs when entering traffic from a side street or from a parking lot. I can’t tell you how many times I have almost gotten hit by a car when trying to cross in front of them when I was out running because drivers just roll through the stop line. They’re busy looking to the left watching for cars, but they never look to the right to watch for pedestrians. It’s not a yield sign, it’s a freakin’ stop sign and you’re supposed to stop.
Your turn. Share one of your pet peeves with me.