1. Have you heard of The Skimm? I get their daily emails and it’s been a great way to start my days! I wish I could use the app, it looks pretty handy, but they charge for the subscription, so I am sticking with the emails right now.
2. I think I saw this recommended by someone on their blog (can’t remember who it was. Was it you?) and decided to give it a try. The Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Detangler + Air Dry is meant to detangle and smooth your hair when you let it air-dry (which I do on the weekends). I have also used it as a leave-in treatment before blow-drying my hair at the gym and I really like it. My hair is very fine, so it doesn’t tolerate heavy products very well, but it’s been handling this just fine (plus, it smells good).
3. I looove Arugula. I’ll have it in salads, I recently added it to a cooked dinner (just at the very end, so it doesn’t wilt), and I love it on top of pizza. I need to find more ways to eat it though. Maybe just plain by the handful? Don’t mind if I do!
4. Yeah, yeah, even if I am a little grumpy and mostly sad that Germany didn’t make it through the group stage at the FIFA World Cup this year (I don’t even want to talk about it), I love the excitement of the tournament. I haven’t decided who I am going to cheer for now, but I’ll try to catch a few matches of the knock-out stage and then we’ll see who will become the next world champion!
5. Have you heard of the Pomodoro Technique? I am trying it out at work to get some more uninterrupted, focused work done and the BeFocused app is really helpful (and visually pleasing). 25 minute-blocks of focusing on the task at hand and not looking at email or checking my phone. What’s your strategy to stay focused?
6. I love this Run because I can muscle shirt from Miles & Pace. I actually won this shirt in a Instagram Giveaway. It’s really nice and soft and great for summer running.
7. Here it is, our tiny little Weber Q1000 grill that I’ve been loving these last few weeks. It’s a small, portable camping size, but just perfect for two people.
What was one of your favorite things this month?