1. I’ve sung my praises about the Runtastic Running app before and I have recently started using a ‘sister-app’, which is called Runtastic Results. It’s an app that customizes a strength training plan around your fitness level, which you can then use in conjunction with your running training. So far, I am pretty happy with it.
2. I’ve been drinking (watered down) Powerade before, during, and after my workouts, but have really come to love Nuun hydration tablets. They come in different flavors (which one is your favorite?) and have very little calories. It’s a much better option than Powerade.
3. I scored this The Sak Iris Crossbody Bag at Ross for 50% off the sales price a couple of months ago. I win. You must know, I am not big into handbags (as in, I use them, but I don’t have a wide variety and switch them out all the time), but you can never go wrong with a medium-sized black crossbody bag, am I right?
4. Mascara is one of my very few ‘must-have’ makeup items (what’s yours?), so I am always on the hunt. I saw this one recommended over and over and while I still love the mascara I recommended in one of my previous Favorites posts, I also really loved this one this month, too: the L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise. I snatched it on sale (I usually try to use up makeup before I replace it) and I am pleasantly surprised. I am a fan of the brush, it’s not as finicky as the Covergirl one.
5. I have a slight obsession with coffee mugs and one of my favorites right now is this mug from Rae Dunn Clay, which I currently use for my morning cup-of-joe at the office. Do you have a favorite mug?
6. I’ve mentioned earlier this months that I’ve discovered Farro at Trader Joe’s and that I completely fell in love with its taste and texture and versatility as a substitute for rice or as a whole grain base for bowl dishes. It cooks in 10 minutes and can be prepared in advance (and stored in the fridge).