NaBloPoMo-Sundays will be for sharing some of my most recent favorite recipes. J and I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately. Some were kind of meh, others were instant successes and will be added to our recipe folder.
This salad was one of our instant favorites. I was a bit hesitant because I am usually not a big fan of peanut butter. I usually mean peanut butter-jelly sandwich or peanut butter cups when I say this. As an ingredient in Asian cuisine, peanut butter is actually surprisingly good. I am so, so glad I gave this salad a try. This salad is vegetable based (there is no lettuce, just cabbage in this recipe) and it’s really fresh and crunchy. And you guys, the dressing? It’s to die for.
Promise me, you give this a try. You won’t regret it. Extra points for it being a really quick and easy weeknight dinner option.
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of a lime
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1lb grilled chicken breast, cubed
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Place dressing in a saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Grill the chicken, then cut in cubes.
- Meanwhile, chop up the salad ingredients, arrange into deep plates. Sprinkle the peanuts on top and drizzle with the coconut milk dressing. Serve immediately.