Last year, I started NaBloPoMo off with a post in which I shared 5 random facts about me. I thought this was especially great to introduce myself to (potential) new readers, if there are any. So, I thought I’d do the same again this year, because why not and because you all like to learn more random facts, right?
1. I wear my watch on my right wrist, even though I am right-handed (for the most part). I feel like I am a bit ambidextrous, to be honest, but I do most things with my right hand.
2. My favorite book of all times is “Outlander” and no, I have not watched the Showtime series. I refuse. Jamie doesn’t look the least bit like the Jamie in my head and Claire does not look like Claire. I know people keep praising the adaptation, but I can’t let the TV series ruin the books for me. Not worth it.
3. Before I took up running, I hated running. Ok, hate might be a bit of a harsh word, but I had NO desire to go for runs. I did run occasionally to keep up a bare minimum level of fitness, but it was not something I loved doing just for fun and there really wasn’t any rhyme or reason to it. I don’t know what changed, but it’s like a switch was flipped one day — which basically makes me believe that anything is possible.
4. I played the recorder in elementary school and I loved it. I have often mentioned here on the blog that I (used to) play the piano and that I miss my piano (which is still at my parents’ house), but it all began with the recorder. Lots of kids started learning the recorder as their first instrument back in the 80’s. Did you? Is this still a thing?
5. I am a numbers nerd. If you can measure it, I want it measured. I guess this is why I am using a Fitbit and Garmin simultaneously (and then try to make sense of the measured differences, ha!). I know the concept of step counting and calorie counting is theoretically bullshit and never ever an exact science, but it doesn’t have to be 100% accurate for me. I just enjoy having a general idea of what I am doing on the daily and it helps me to hold myself accountable. It really is just for me to have fun with, nothing to obsess over.
Tell me a random fact about yourself!