Self-care is so important and I am a big proponent of some pampering. Especially when we’re stretched thin during a very hectic time in our lives or when we’re in race training. Sometimes pampering yourself can be a matter of an hour to yourself.
Here are my favorite ways to pamper myself:
1. A pedicure — It’s always a treat for me. And ever since I started running, my feet need all the help they can get! Haha.
2. Reading on the couch — I am usually a busy-body who needs to do at least three things at the same time (because ‘OMG, so much to do, so little time!’ ), but I’ve recently rediscovered the joys of just focusing on a book (or magazine) and not feeling guilty about not doing anything else at the same time! It’s been glorious.
3. A massage — I don’t get massages very often (I know, other runners get them regularly), but it’s a special treat after a race or for a special occasion.
4. Yoga — I haven’t been to yoga in a while (ahem!), but when I manage to go, I usually really enjoy it and feel really relaxed and calm afterward. (Note to self: Go back to yoga already!)
5. Skip a workout — I usually don’t like to think of it as ‘skipping’, but rather postponing a workout. Sometimes, you just have to listen to your body and take a rest day when it really wants one (not when the training schedule says you should take it).
What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?