I’ve mentioned before that I am not one to jump on bandwagons. If something becomes popular really fast and gets a lot of hype, I am usually rather ‘meh’ about it and I often scoff at it, too. I KNOW. Not always my proudest moment, but I just can’t help it.
Here are some things that everybody seems to love that I just can’t get on board with.
1. The Big Bang Theory. I just. don’t. get. it. Maybe my enlightenment will come some time in the future (I do tend to give older TV shows a second chance some time down the road), but so far I’ve watched it a handful of times and the only thought that comes to (my) mind is “This is dumb. Why would I waste my time with this?” You probably hate my “up-on-the-high-horse”-self a little bit right now, don’t you?
2. Booze. I know. It’s weird, right? Most people really enjoy a drink for various occasions and reasons. And there is nothing wrong with that. It’s not like I have never had a drink in my life (although I came to it rather late), but I am usually very happy without it. I don’t really like beer, I don’t care for a glass of wine in the evening, and even the occasional gin tonic or cocktail are ‘nice’, but nothing that I really need to have. We almost never have alcohol at home and I like it that way. Honestly, I’d rather spend my money on good food.
3. Pizza. Ok, I shouldn’t say that I absolutely don’t like pizza, but I definitely don’t love it as much as other people. It would never show up in my favorite foods list and I personally hardly ever pick pizza for dinner (when we have it, it usually was J’s request).
4. The Hunger Games. I haven’t read the books. I haven’t seen the movies. I can’t stand Jennifer Lawrence (sorry) and I am kind of turned off by the whole “dystopian” craze that’s been going around in fiction/film. I will already point out inconsistencies in regular movies (‘Wait, didn’t she just wear a different necklace/earrings/shirt in the previous frame?’) , so imagine how ‘well’ I do with (way too) unrealistic story settings and plots. Ahm yeah, not well at all.
5. Purses. Of course, I am using purses (and I own more than one), but I don’t really get excited about purses. It always seems like I can hardly find any that I really love and I am usually too lazy to coordinate purses with outfits (because it would mean I have to move all my stuff from one purse to another). Part of me wants to like purses, but for the most part I just don’t. They’re mostly just practical items for me.
6. Donuts. They’re just way too sweet for me. I don’t crave them ever.
What is something that you’re okay with not liking?