1. Instagram Overload. Please do me — and everyone else — a favor and don’t use Instagram as a place to dumb all of the photos that you took in one day. Pick one, maybe two. Instagram is a sharing platform and I love to be part of your life by seeing your pictures every day, but Instagram is not a photo backup platform.
2. Bad tippers. Tipping is something I had to get used to here in the US (we do tip in Germany, but it’s not mandatory and the amounts are really small — you basically round up to the next Euro, or two.) However, I know that tipping is part of the waiter’s wage here, so I make an effort to tip people generously, especially when they went out of the way to provide friendly service. It’s just part of the expense.
3. Head-in-the-clouds bicyclists. I can’t really tell you why, but it drives me bonkers when bicyclists — when they actually manage to ride on the streets as they’re supposed to (don’t get me started on the sidewalk bicyclists!) — don’t obey traffic signs/lights.
4. Bad parking. I see it every day. Every day. I don’t really know what is so hard about parking your vehicle between the lines that have been provided for your guidance.
5. Clueless baristas. If you work in a coffee shop, you should know the difference between a Café Latte and a Latte Macchiato.
6. Discontinued products. I get so annoyed when I find a product that I really, really like and then it gets discontinued. Argh. I mean, I don’t know if I should feel special for having such an exclusive taste or if I should feel just mad. Probably the latter.
7. People who interrupt other people constantly, because they clearly think what they have to say is more important or something. There are some of those individuals on TV who ask questions and then never wait for the other person to finish their response. Annoying.
8. Slow Internet. I know this seems a little first-worldish, but I have no patience for slow Internet.
What are some of your pet peeves?