I’ve been quite busy the last few weeks. Busy with all kinds of exciting – and not so exciting – things.
The non-exciting things:
– trying to stay on top of the household chores. I really don’t know how our tiny apartment can accumulate that much dirt/dust over the course of a week. I guess, living downtown comes with a a price, but I swear, I feel like we’re living next to a coal mine (and believe me, I know what that’s like, because my hometown in Germany lies right in the middle of an open-pit mining area.) I really am trying to immediately clean up every mess that I make, but regardless, chores keep piling up towards the end of the week.
– dealing with some health insurance stuff. Frankly, this matter would easily justify its own separate blog post, but since I don’t want to bore you with excruciating details and I don’t want to get more riled up than I already am, I leave you just with one plain and simple: The US health care system makes no sense whatsoever!
The exciting things (including, but not being limited to):
– getting ready for my trip to Hawaii. I feel like I am going on a vacation, although I am damn sure the week is not going to be a walk in the park. We’ll probably work long hours and my boss is not really someone who can turn off his brain when the work day is done. I can already see the three of us bending over our respective laptops processing data at night. Then again, my boss also knows how to have a good time, so there will likely be a lot of exploring of the island, photo-taking and exquisite dining while we’re there. I can’t wait for the nice change of pace from my usual office routine.
– hoping to start some new crafts projects soon. As I blogged here, I am currently working on a baby quilt for my sister, but I am also planning to get back into card-making/stamping and crocheting in the weeks to come.
– planning a belated anniversary trip with J for October. We haven’t decided yet where we want to go, but we’ve been throwing ideas around like San Diego or the Northern Californian Coast. We’re definitely still open to any other suggestions that involve short flights or moderately long car drives. Have at it!
– – – – –
What have you been up to?