Do you really want an update? I don’t think so.
In fact, there is no update. I still don’t know if I am going to stay for another year, or if I have to leave next month. I’ve had many serious talks with my supervisor the last two weeks and now he’s on vacation.
Last week I found out that my documents that I submitted to the Department of Homeland Security over two months ago (!!!) had been sitting on someone’s desk and nobody took care of it. I’ve been talking to Nancy every other day and she repeatedly told me that she can’t do anything and that we have to wait. Last week now, after the DHS requested all my documents, a letter from my supervisor AGAIN I found out that they haven’t looked at the documents that I had sent them already at all! I was so pissed – I mean it’s seems as if they screwed up in every possible way.
So last Friday we submitted all my documents and a new letter from my supervisor again, stating that I need to get my social security number to be able to stay in the country (because I really do need the money by now!!)… but a week went by and I still haven’t heard from them.
So Gerald left the office on Wednesday and I still don’t know what’s going on. I haven’t even seen the follow-up contract or the extension form that Nancy has to issue for me.
I am just wondering what I am supposed to do. My plan was to tell them that I am going home if they don’t give me definite info by the end of the week, but since there was some movement with this whole crap last week, I am willing to wait a little longer… but for how long?
I really don’t know what to do now… Gerald said I should call him on his cell phone if I don’t hear anything by the end of the week. So that seems to be the case…