All I want for Christmas this year is – obviously! – for this virus to go away and for everyone to see their families and loved ones. Duh. Screw the gifts.
Since we can’t have that, we’ll distract ourselves with some pretty things and shiny objects, shall we? I put together a little holiday wish list/gift guide for you, so we can all feel like it’s a regular old and boring Christmas around here (even if it’s not). You’re welcome.
I don’t know about you, but I love gift guides and wish lists this time of year. I love finding inspiration for gift giving and discovering new things that I had no idea existed. Some of these things on my list are things I own and love, some of these things are on my personal wish list. Maybe you’ll find some gift inspiration here, too.
1. Quite a few people asked me about my Chemex* coffeemaker this year (after I started posting my morning coffee routine on IG). The Chemex makes a truly delicious cup of coffee and I love, love, love it. One of the best gifts that I myself have ever received. Plus, they look so beautiful and minimalist that they make great kitchen decor (did you notice that they had a Chemex as a prop in old 90’s Friends episodes? Pay attention next time you watch a re-run.
2. I am not much of a purse-person. Yes, of course, I have purses, but I can also just use one of these canvas tote bags* if you ask me. Big, spacious, functional.
3. One great, and always appreciated gift (for runners) are new running shoes*. If you’re a runner, you know that these babies have to be replaced quite regularly.
4. An embroidery kit*. Because of course, I really need one more pandemic hobby.
5. Thermal underwear* because I like to stay warm and cozy. I love that this thermal underwear can double as a pair of pajamas.
6. One can never have enough cozy blankets*, amirite? I live for fuzzy socks and warm blankets during the winter months.
7. A California State Shaped Cutting Board*. I gave this to someone as a gift once and it was very well received. It’s a useful household item that also functions as kitchen decor and displays some state pride. What’s not to love?
8. I don’t own spurtles* (yet), but I’ve heard so many good things about them. I mean, they look like a kitchen item that can do many things.
9. Since we’re all stuck at home during yet another Covid Lockdown, a sun lamp* for the days when we don’t get outdoors seems like a really good idea. Especially if your house/apartment doesn’t get much natural light (like ours).
10. Can you believe we’ve been grinding our own beans for I don’t know how long and I never invested in a coffee canister? I always put the ground beans back in the bag/store canister, but you gotta admit, this coffee canister* is much prettier. I picked it up on my one-and-only World Market run a couple of weeks ago and I now want all the honeycomb-patterned items they sell at the store.
11. A new phone* (isn’t that on everybody’s Christmas list most of the time?) We’re definitely due for an upgrade. We’ve had our current phone for 4+ years.
12. If you don’t own a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet*, I suggest you put this on your wish list. It’s one of our most used kitchen items and a true game changer.
13. Last but not least, if in doubt, you can never go wrong with a gift card*. They are always very much appreciated by all.
What’s one of your favorite gifts you’ve ever received? And which item would you give to others over and over?
* #notanad. This is not a sponsored post. I have not been compensated by the brand or anyone else for linking the websites.