1. I got this Cinnamon Apple Cider candle* at Target. I had bought a similar one there last year and I just love that smell. It’s a perfect scent for fall.
2. I am enjoying a trial subscription of the New Yorker*. There was an ad for a three month trial for $6, including an awesome canvas tote bag. Who wouldn’t jump on that offer?
3. I had been on the hunt for some new ankle boots (chelsea-style) for the colder season and hadn’t been successful at the stores (I am a bit picky with shoe-styles). I usually don’t order shoes online (unless I have previously tried them on somewhere), but I found these* online and loved the style. I thought that for the price, I’d risk ordering them without trying them on for size and fit. It wasn’t obvious from the ordering page that these were going to be sent from… China. Ugh. I was a bit wary if I had made a huge mistake, BUT they arrived and they look awesome and they fit great. I am thrilled. I can’t tell for sure if they’re genuine leather (as advertised), but if they’re not, they definitely don’t look obviously fake and I don’t regret the purchase.
4. Homemade whipped cream. You guys, it’s so easy and quick, you don’t want to buy the bottled stuff anymore. I promise. All you need is a handmixer, a sleeve of vanilla sugar, and 5 minutes of your time and you’ll have the most delicious whipped cream you can imagine.
5. It’s cold outside and I am back on my Peppermint tea* kick.
6. My hairdresser recommended the Joico Shampoo + Conditioner* for my fine hair to boost volume and prevent breakage. So far, I like it, although it has a somewhat strong, but not unpleasant smell.
7. Branching out again, trying Silk Oat Yeah Oatmilk* and am pleasantly surprised by its creaminess. What’s your favorite plant-based milk (and why)?
What was one of your favorite things this month?
I am doing NaBloPoMo this month. 30 blog posts in 30 days. Come join me. #nablopomo2019
* #notanad, This is not a sponsored post. I have not been compensated by the brand or anyone else for linking the websites.